I've been working on this build for much of the summer. Finally put on the final bits yesterday.
I used a combination of new and old stuff, many parts I've holding on to in a bin for years waiting for the right opportunity to put them to use.
The idea was to create a bike path cruiser to use with my kids while they are young and my wife when we are old.
- ANT Boston Roadster frame - based on the classic Iver Johnson frames from the early 1900s. Powder coated
- Sturmey Archer 3-spd w/ thumb shifter
- Vintage Dia-Compe levers (from my first mtn bike - mid '80s vintage)
- Paul Components neo-retro cantilevers
- H Plus Son Archetype rims with Sapim X-Ray spoke built by Justin Spinelli / Luxe Wheelworks
- Vintage Mavic front hub w/Lightweight skewer for the lulz
- Vintage MKS Grafight X pedals (these were on my 1st gen Haro Master - sold last year)
- White Industries ENO cranks / Phil BB
With this build complete, I'm down to two bikes - this and my stainless Rhygin Juke.
Thinking about building a new road bike sometime in the new year, and torn between going with another Seven or IF, or trying an Igleheart or Firefly.
Results 1 to 6 of 6
Thread: new shiny: ANT Boston Roadster
Check out the hottest mountain bike products from these brands!
See All Interbike Coverage - Click Here »