RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2008

Pedal Force RS2 on eBay

Wondering if anyone that might have been shopping on eBay for a while now could tell me a rough estimate of the most I might get out of a Pedal Force RS2 frameset (frame+fork+headset). No damage, scratches, or anything like that.

I am trying to buy a tarmac frameset because thats what the team will be riding, but I need to sell this frameset first, and need to know if its going to work. The only RS2 frame Ive seen on eBay was a few months ago. It was in a bad crash and the guy said he took it to a shop and they said dont ride it. But it sold for almost $400 anyways.

Thanks for the help.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2009
    What size is it?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuckerkorn
    What size is it?
    I believe it was a "52cm" according to their geometry but its really a 54cm. So if you're looking at the geometry specs it'd be their 52 size.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2009
    Too small for me unfortunately, I would have taken it otherwise. Why won't you put it in classified's section? They go brand new for $750.00. So depending on how used it is i would say $350-500 tops.

Person who knowingly sold potentially dangerous frame is an ass.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuckerkorn

Person who knowingly sold potentially dangerous frame is an ass.
    yeah I partially agree, however he stated multiple times in big bold letters that the frame is damaged. I still don't know how it went for so much. It started at $0.99 and had two bidders battling it up close to $400.

If I try to sell it I'll probably just go with ebay and have to start the bids at least as much as I need to get out of it to get the new frameset. If it doesn't sell for that much I'll just have to wait a little longer.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2008
    I paid $325 for mine, used.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by JoelS
    Are you happy with it? Whats you opnion on quality, ride, etc?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2008
    Considering I'm used to riding a high end steel (Colnago MasterXLight), and the low price for the frame/fork set, I'm reasonably happy with it. It took me quite some time to get used to the rather "dead" feeling regarding road feel. But it's stiff enough, corners well. Just wish it didn't feel quite so dead. Although that's kinda nice on chipseal.

I wouldn't pay full price for this frame though. I'd probably look for something a bit more lively at that price point.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2008
    was that frame only? I will be selling with frame/fork/ritchey pro headset, and easton ea70 seatpost. so hopefully thatll help me.

thanks

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by david462
    was that frame only? I will be selling with frame/fork/ritchey pro headset, and easton ea70 seatpost. so hopefully thatll help me.

thanks
    It was frame/fork. No headset or seatpost.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2009
    I wouldn't pay full price for this frame though. I'd probably look for something a bit more lively at that price point.
    What would that be? I'm trying to find used CF in that price range. So far I got only Kestrel Talon SL for $500.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2008
    For the price of a new one ~$800, I could probably find one that wasn't so dead feeling. Some folks like that. I don't care for it. Maybe I'm used to the ride of my steel bike, but I like that ride.