RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2009

Pinarello FP7 vs FP6 vs FP5

One of the main differences of these three bikes is the price, however I would welcome any comments on these three. Thanks

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2007
    The carbon is a bit stronger and more rigid in the higher models, IIRC. I think they all share the same dimensions, though. The FP3, for example, uses the same geometry as the Prince.

Is it the future yet?
    Apr 2008
    I think the FP-5 was supposed to take the place of the F3:13 and sort of, the F4:13. It's interesting to me however, that this bike wasn't around very long either, so I wonder why that is....?
    The FP3 is supposed to take the place of the all three...especially since they don't make the others anymore. According it's review in Bicycling Mag, it's better than the FP-5.
    When I rode it, my feelings were mixed.
    I would love to ride/see a FP-6, but I haven't even seen one in a shop, and since it's "frame only" probably won't.
    I though the FP7, was available over-seas only...?

As DD74 stated. The carbon is different on each. On the FP6/7 You'll get a higher/stronger grade which reduces weight and increases stiffness.

gh1
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2008
    The FP6 has slighty different geometry than the fp3 and prince. I took the fp6 for a very short ride. Seemed like a nice bike, also rode the prince. Tough to ride the prince and then make any fair appraisal of the fp6. The prince is nice.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by gh1
    The FP6 has slighty different geometry than the fp3 and prince. I took the fp6 for a very short ride. Seemed like a nice bike, also rode the prince. Tough to ride the prince and then make any fair appraisal of the fp6. The prince is nice.
    FP7 and FP3 the same frame and geometry as prince with lower grades of carbon - 46HM and 30HM respectively. Most advanced in terms of pinarello bike technology.

FP5 is F4:13 with new paint scheme - F4:13 is pinarellos first carbon bike. FP6 is paris with lower grade carbon. FP6 is more relaxed than prince/FP7/FP3. It will be more comfortable and transmit less vibrations.

RoadBikeReview Member
    The Fp7 has the same geometry as the Prince and FP3 Pinarello have a provven formula and stick to it.

Have been riding the FP3 and the FP7 and can say there is a pretty big difference. A lot has to do with the small upgrades the FP7 has in components but frame vs frame the Fp7 has a good deal more snap.