Looking for Vintage Treks

Pulled Trigger, Mr. Pink Now on Order....

I have been without a true road bike for a few years, but I am now going to be back in the game, with an All City Mr. Pink. I almost bought one of these last year, but when the announced for 2013 they would spec the Bike with wheels that weren't a Alex/Formula variant but Mavic CPX mated to Shimano 105 hubs, it seemed like a no brainer.

I am not a true roadie, I do not road race, but I love doing centuries and might even try a few Brevets. I am confident this bike will go the distance and be my choice on Tarmac for years to come!

I will post pics once I have it paid off( Prolly 6 weeks or so) I will post pics here and on my blog when I get it and another review when I have had substantial saddle time on her.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2007
    Congrats! Never seen in the flesh, but from what I've read, it sounds like it'll suit your needs perfectly.

RoadBikeReview Member
    That looks like a great bike. I hadn't heard of them before. I don't like how they label what is essentially a 54cm, as a 52cm. Lots of people will buy the wrong size. Have fun with it.

Cyclist
    I just got a Macho Man. I pulled just about everything off of it immediately and built it up with my Campy stuff, but the frame seems really well finished. It's going to be my all-purpose tarmac/gravel grinder/occaisional Cx racer.

Quote Originally Posted by Nater View Post
    I just got a Macho Man. I pulled just about everything off of it immediately and built it up with my Campy stuff, but the frame seems really well finished. It's going to be my all-purpose tarmac/gravel grinder/occaisional Cx racer.

Nater, do you have a Gryphon? I love mine.....

Cyclist
    Used to...sold my Gryphon and my roadie to get on the Macho Man. I liked it, but was itching to try something new and get a true CX bike again. Only way to persuade the CFO was to combine 2 bikes into one.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2010
    Why does it have to be "Mr. Pink", why can't it be something cool like "Mr. Black"?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiro11 View Post
    Why does it have to be "Mr. Pink", why can't it be something cool like "Mr. Black"?
    "Mr. Pink" can be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by lbkwak View Post
    "Mr. Pink" can be cool.
    Your Right!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2013
    looks great, anjoy them

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by lbkwak View Post
    "Mr. Pink" can be cool.
    You have obviously never seen "Reservoir Dogs", the namesake of this bike.

Cyclist
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiro11 View Post
    You have obviously never seen "Reservoir Dogs", the namesake of this bike.
    I got it...

Name:  rd004.jpg
Views: 5458
Size:  33.3 KB

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2011
    bumping this back since I'll be ordering soon, but is it true they run a size big? I ride a 52 so should I get a 49?

Man, I'm Awesome
    That's weird. Its like their geometry chart is wrong. Why would the do that?
    "I like to ride my bicycle." - Lance Armstrong -

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2012
    These bikes are a lot like the Surlys. If so, yes they run big and you should size down one from your normal size.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by scottma View Post
    These bikes are a lot like the Surlys. If so, yes they run big and you should size down one from your normal size.
    No. They are not. Maybe you should check their geometries before answer the question.

RoadBikeReview Member
    It seems manufactures "size" their bikes and measure the seat tube length differently. Sheldon Brown has a good article on this. One thing that is pretty consistent between manufacturers is they all supply the effective top tube length. I almost never look at the "size" of a frame rather I look for the effective top tube length first (just to get me started. I know for instance that a TT of 560ish works for me) Seat tube angle is also on the top of the list of dimensions to look at.
    A professional fitting is never a bad idea to let you know the size parameters that would work for you. (That's what I did)
    One set of dimensions I find very helpful (but not all companies use) are the stack and reach dimensions. That along with the top tube length gives one a good indication how aggressive or relaxed the geometry is, and it is also easy to compare bike geometries with each other.