Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
    I am a little over six feet tall, oddly proportioned, overweight, inflexible, with a couple shoulder injuries.
    General fitting advice works okay with people that don't have as many infirmities as you do. You are absolutely right that you will have to resort to a 50cm bike if your riding position is like that of a British upright style bike, but your experience is by no means typical. I've observed hundreds of exacting fits addressing a wide variety of back, shoulder, hip and knee injuries and never witnessed the kind of lengths you've gone to.

You should seriously a custom frame.
    Get a better saddle: www.kontactbike.com

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Kontact View Post
    They add versatility to fitting non-pros while making it harder to fit young racers. For a racer, a negative slopping stem is just another bit of aero drag and something to get injured against - and it makes team bikes look kind of stupid.
    Aero drag from a stem angle? um, okay. And injuries from a stem angle? Come on now.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Strongbow View Post
    Aero drag from a stem angle? um, okay. And injuries from a stem angle? Come on now.
    Extreme example:

Having a hump up in the front of the bike doesn't help the rider - it just gets in the way. For people who have a lower position something closer to a level top tube is less likely to get in the way of the rider.

It is a small thing, but it would make sense for very pricey pro level bikes to come in more than one head tube length for a given size to suit the extremes of fit. Many production bikes are well into custom pricing, so it shouldn't be so much to ask to have geometry that suits more kinds of riders.
    Get a better saddle: www.kontactbike.com

'brifter' is a lame word.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kontact View Post
    Extreme example:

Having a hump up in the front of the bike doesn't help the rider - it just gets in the way. For people who have a lower position something closer to a level top tube is less likely to get in the way of the rider.

It is a small thing, but it would make sense for very pricey pro level bikes to come in more than one head tube length for a given size to suit the extremes of fit. Many production bikes are well into custom pricing, so it shouldn't be so much to ask to have geometry that suits more kinds of riders.
    That's pretty funny. I can't imagine anyone that *needs* to be in that position.
    I work for some bike racers
    I've got some bikes, some guns,
    and a bunch of skateboards

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by cxwrench View Post
    That's pretty funny. I can't imagine anyone that *needs* to be in that position.
    He would.
    Name:  e911e166f85a6d43df7b1c616f12d463--chiropractic-humor-fantastic-four.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  33.4 KB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12