Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 131415
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    [QUOTE=velodog;5166273]Rawland Ulv

Every climb has its end, for verily with difficulty there is relief...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011

Norco Search XR

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Rashadabd View Post
    They released the standard 2018 Search platforms a few week ago. I would consider the standard Search Carbon and Search Aluminum more accurately described as quiver killers, as the are closer to a traditional road bike (I own a 2015 Search Carbon Ultegra Di2 and I love it!).

The Search XR is more of a hybrid between Hardtail XC MTB and Road - I think some describe these are 'Monster Cross'. It has up to 45mm tire capacity, lots of mount points for various hardware (fenders, racks, etc...). Ideal for cross country bike packing and more challenging technical terrain. Price point is decent too!

I'm tempted to build an XR, as my current max tire capacity is about 38mm on my current Search and my Volagi Ti Viaje. Trading in my current Search Carbon for the XR would open up some gravel trails in my area that are just a tad too much for my current 38mm setup. I had been pondering a hardtail MTB for this, but the XR is affordable, and having experience with the Norco brand, I am confident in the quality of the frameset.

Now for the dilemma of whether to go with a SRAM 1X setup, or stick to Ultegra Di2....

My local LBS received a few of these last week. I need to stop by and take one for a spin.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Migen21 View Post
    They released the standard 2018 Search platforms a few week ago. I would consider the standard Search Carbon and Search Aluminum more accurately described as quiver killers, as the are closer to a traditional road bike (I own a 2015 Search Carbon Ultegra Di2 and I love it!).

The Search XR is more of a hybrid between Hardtail XC MTB and Road - I think some describe these are 'Monster Cross'. It has up to 45mm tire capacity, lots of mount points for various hardware (fenders, racks, etc...). Ideal for cross country bike packing and more challenging technical terrain. Price point is decent too!

I'm tempted to build an XR, as my current max tire capacity is about 38mm on my current Search and my Volagi Ti Viaje. Trading in my current Search Carbon for the XR would open up some gravel trails in my area that are just a tad too much for my current 38mm setup. I had been pondering a hardtail MTB for this, but the XR is affordable, and having experience with the Norco brand, I am confident in the quality of the frameset.

Now for the dilemma of whether to go with a SRAM 1X setup, or stick to Ultegra Di2....

My local LBS received a few of these last week. I need to stop by and take one for a spin.
    That's a fair assessment, but I still like it for some of the same reasons you do. I think the new Diverge is still my favorite, but this one seems cool as well.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2014
    Again, this isn't really a quiver killer, although it wouldn't be a terrible choice for an only bike if you were inclined to do a lot of hard gravel riding..

Peleton Magazine review of the Norco Search XR
    On Test: Norco Search XR Ultegra - Peloton Magazine

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 131415