Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSmile View Post
    Can you get framesets like this with sloping top tubes/compact geometry?
    If you're getting a SS frame made,I think you're already talking custom, so it doesn't seem like this should be a problem unless Reynolds simply doesn't make tubes in the appropriate length. If you have an idea for a bike you'd like to build, I'd reach out to a framebuilder you like and ask what he can do for you.

Matnlely Dregaend
    Quote Originally Posted by gordy748 View Post
    Going slightly off piste, I used to find compact bikes gimpy looking. Then I owned 2 compact frames in a row. Now I have a standard bike that looks a little... gimpy looking.
    I have to say this is exactly my experience as well. I had regular frames and they never bothered me until I got some compact ones. Now my regular frames just look "odd." Which is the only reason I asked about a compact frame.
    "I haven't @#&$ed like that since I was an altar boy." Hank Moody
    “Bicycling has done more to emancipate women than anything else in the world.” Susan B. Anthony 1896
    "Brifter" is the coolest cycling word

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2011
    I realize the following question is sacrilegious: Can you get framesets like this with sloping top tubes/compact geometry?
    Luckily, Pegoretti refuses to make compact road frames.

old school drop out
    The 931 tubing sounds pretty ideal for my purposes, Reynolds also claims better corrosion resistance which makes sense as it's 17% chromium. Does anyone have a frame made of 931? I realize it's fairly new to market.

I realize the following question is sacrilegious: Can you get framesets like this with sloping top tubes/compact geometry?
    Thanks for the info on the 931 tubes. I'd not heard of that Reynolds had come out with it. From a bit of on-line reading it sounds promising for bringing down the cost of stainless frames - cheaper tubes and less labor and tolling costs.

I have a 953 Indy Fab CX frame that I bought used and have owned for about two years. Mine has a slightly sloping top tube, and I'm sure that a builder can build as much slope as you need/like.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12