Thread: Ridley bikes

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2013

Ridley bikes

I recently looked at bikes and noticed Ridley bikes which obviously caught my eye. I have never heard of this brand. Anyone here owning one and care to elaborate?
    Some really nice features on the higher line models

Dr. Buzz Killington
    I haven't owned a Ridley, but they've gotten great reviews. I was considering a 2012 Ridley Noah Di2 since they were on sale for $3699, but unfortunately I couldn't find one with my frame size. In the end I got a Scott Foil 15 because I found one that fit me, and I practically stole the thing on Ebay ($2749 brand new for a $5000 bike). The higher end Ridleys are known for being very aero bikes and providing a nice ride, though the frames aren't the lightest. They're light compared to most bikes on the market, but they're more for flats vice climbs.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2013
    Aha, funny, i've got a Foil also but a 30.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Belgian brand, although I don't know if any of their bikes are actually produced there anymore. Team Lotto-Belisol rides them.

I have a Boreas from 2008, which is the Compact with a carbon rear, which is the aluminum version of the Damocles of the time. Lower end of that range but supposedly a pricey frame when new with more intricate cross sections than a CAAD or Allez. Supposedly the front tubing was made/hydroformed by Dedacciai and designed by Ridley. The fork was sourced from Profile Design but I replaced it with a Wolf CL. It's been riding well, and I have yet to see another one in person. Higher end Noah's however, I've seen.

I know someone here said the brand sizes kinda big. My size "S" is a 54.5cm eTT. I don't know of anyone who's hated or walked away from their Ridley bitterly. I just think the newer Noah is a bit ugly.

microdosed sarcasm
    Jul 2010
    Two of my teammates ride and love their ridleys. I'm going to build up a ridley helium this weekend.

This will replace the s-works sl2 battleaxe I used for beatdowns over the past 18 months. It's not ridley's sprinter bike and I'm a punchy sprinter. But if it is stiff enough to be ridden in the pro peloton then it is probably stiff enough for me. At 950grams for the frame and ISP it is light. My hopes are high.

If it rides like crap I'll send it back to competitive cyclist!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2008
    I have one. '09 Boreas, alum version of the damocles I love it. Stiff and handles very well. Pretty much a crit crusher/good all-around race bike.

Belgian brand that is mainly known for their cyclocross bikes. They make some good bikes. Lotto rides them on the pro tour. Katusha did for a year or two.