RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2005

Rose Bikes - Customer Service

Gents - Need some advice. I recently purchased the new model of Rose Bikes the The XLITE Four. It was within days of the new release as I was ready to purchase another when I got the FB notification. Seemed all well as on the website they had posted 13 Euros (see attached image) for shipping to US which I assumed was a promotion and now cost was built in to cost of bike. Order placed credit card charged. $1,900+ us. Total delivery was to be 6 weeks. After two weeks I notice my order now says back order so I sent them a note. They came back and said the frames were delayed. Also they could not ship the bike for $13 euros and that "due to a technical problem the shipping cost were not presented correctly" instead I would now be paying an additional $250 euros and unilaterally charged my credit card

I get that something may have happened, but the costs were up for several days before I ordered and was advertised as such. I bought based on their representation.. I contacted the online dispute Resolution (ODR) platform but they only mediate for customer/retailers who are both in EU countires. I want the bike and don't want to simple cancel - just for them to honor what they advertised... any thoughts?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rose Bikes - Customer Service-rose-shipping-cost.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member
    Did you read the fine print?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rose Bikes - Customer Service-rose-.jpg