RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2011

s5, ar4, noah rs or c3???

soooo heres the topic, decide and tell your comments and differences picking between:
    -ridley noah rs
    -litespeed c3
    -felt ar3 / ar4
    -cervelo s5

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2011
    Great post! I have similar question. I'm leaning towards felt AR4. My LBS thinks youll get a lot of bike for the money. If you're looking for dura ace the cost goes up significantly. Like everyone on this forum and any good bakeshop would tell you - test ride then decide.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2011
    Cervelo S5 everytime. Love the engineering and thought that went into the design of that bike.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2011
    I test rode a S5, S2 and R3 on Wednesday.

The choice was between the S5 and S2.

The S5 Rival build only comes in white for $3,800.

The LBS gave me a good deal on a 2011 black S2 with SRAM Red for only $200 more.

I am happy with my purchase (148 miles in less than 48 hours).

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2005
    I was on the same fence but at the time the S5 wasnt out yet so it was either the S2 or the C3. The AR4 was too heavy and the reviews weren't that good. I was sadden by that since I have a Felt F60.

For me it was either the LiteSpeed C3 w/ SRAM Force, Mavic Cosmic Carbone SL or the Cervelo w/ Sram Rival and stock wheels. Both around the same price.

I went with the Litespeed C3 and I'm super happy with it. I got mine from Competitive Cyclist. CC sweetened the pot by throwing in a SRAM Red crank. I gotta say, this bad boy is fast and climbs so much better than my old Felt.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails s5, ar4, noah rs or c3???-2011-07-18_23-20-10_159.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by sdkwan View Post
    I was on the same fence but at the time the S5 wasnt out yet so it was either the S2 or the C3. The AR4 was too heavy and the reviews weren't that good. I was sadden by that since I have a Felt F60.

For me it was either the LiteSpeed C3 w/ SRAM Force, Mavic Cosmic Carbone SL or the Cervelo w/ Sram Rival and stock wheels. Both around the same price.

I went with the Litespeed C3 and I'm super happy with it. I got mine from Competitive Cyclist. CC sweetened the pot by throwing in a SRAM Red crank. I gotta say, this bad boy is fast and climbs so much better than my old Felt.
    wow the bike looks absolutely great!! what about the ride and weight, and tell me ridding the c3, what do you may think of having a cervelo S5?

So felt Ar4 and Ar5 are not at the level of the litespeed and cervelo?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by fdrmz View Post
    wow the bike looks absolutely great!! what about the ride and weight, and tell me ridding the c3, what do you may think of having a cervelo S5?

So felt Ar4 and Ar5 are not at the level of the litespeed and cervelo?
    Well. for me, I crossed out the Ar4 and Ar5 cuz I couldnt find a Felt dealer near me and based on the reviews the bike didn't really perform as well as the S2 or any other aero bike. Plus it was on the heavier side i think about 18lbs.

I did also look at the Ridely Noah RS but its not as aero as the C3 and S2. And the price was more than the C3. I was looking for an aero bike and my budget was under $4k USD. But that was $4k for the entire bike, wheels and all. I came in at $3.4K with the bike, wheels and seat. The S5 is a awesome bike but I dont think you can touch it for under $4K with the same groupo and wheels as my setup.

As for the C3 ride and weight. It weighs 17.5lbs with the wheels and seat. The Cosmic SLs are heavy wheels. The bike takes some getting used to IMO. I've been riding my Felt F60 for over 5 yrs and have gotten very comfortable in pushing it. I just need more seat time with my C3 to get used to it. What I mean by that is I don't trust it yet. It is very fast and I get scared on how fast it accelerates on the downhills. I have been holding back on the bike. On the hills, it climbs very well compared to my old bike but I'm not used to the light weight of the bike and I'm not used to the geometry of the bike.

Last week, I was doing 53 miles of hills and while in the saddle, in the hills, the front end was coming up and while out of the saddle, the rear wheel lifted off the ground a few times. So my point its its a great bike but i just need to learn how to ride it properly. By buddy and I both bought the C3 with the same setups. And with his new C3, he killed my time trial record by 5mins.