Thread: Saddle Vader

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2008

Saddle Vader

Just figured I would post a review of this saddle since I have not really seen any online so far.. I needed something cheap and better than a squishy gel saddle for my commuter. I picked up one of the Saddle Vader VD666 Selle Italia knock offs. Its is not bad. I will say that I have never been on a super expensive saddle just as a disclaimer.

So far I have only logged 50 miles on it commuting. I am going to try a longer 40-50 mile ride on it eventually on my road bike and see how it feels. For $20 shipped it's not bad. We will see how long it lasts. As of now I am pretty satisfied. Stitching and material seems to be decent. The claimed weight is 220g but I have not weighed it.

Last edited by kmancrx; 04-21-2010 at 06:15 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2008

Saddle Vader

I have about 150 miles on one of these. So far I am very pleased. It was really squeaky at first, bit I hit it with a little silicone spray and that took care of the problem. It has not made a sound since. Can't beat it for the money.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by wmsx4
    I have about 150 miles on one of these. So far I am very pleased. It was really squeaky at first, bit I hit it with a little silicone spray and that took care of the problem. It has not made a sound since. Can't beat it for the money.

Which model did you get?

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2008
    [QUOTE=kmancrx]Which model did you get?[/QUOTE

The VD666 - same as yours. I really like it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2009
    Bought mine this spring for a build. Light, cheap, comfortable. Broke this weekend (one of the rails at a bend) after ~2000 miles. Disappointed? Yes, but I definitely got my $15 worth. Glad it broke on a training ride and not in a race.

If you ride regularly and are thinking of buying one, don't get the "steel" rails version. They seem to be mild steel that was bent poorly. I'd get TI or Cromo next time.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2009
    double post

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2010
    I just ordered the VD666 Flow in Red for my new Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Sora. My next step is to pick up some KeO pedals in red. Anyone know a good place to get a good price on the KeOs?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2012
    I have the VD-1112 2011 model for over a year now and I have logged over 600 miles on it and it has been fine. I used it on my old road bike and now on my new one. For the price and good quality you can't go wrong for $20.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2010
    I picked up a Vader saddle on ebay for less than $15. It has been a nice saddle for my singe speed. I would definitely buy another for a cheap build.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2012
    Some ironic marketing humor selling something with model names of "VD" just a layer of fabric and chamois away from one's naughty bits.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2012
    thanks for the post i was looking at one of these...