RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2006

Scott Speedster S10

This is one of the bikes I'm looking into buying as I can get one with about a week's worth of riding on it for about $800. Anyone have any experience or thoughts on it?
    Last edited by msander19; 08-26-2006 at 11:22 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2006
    i bought one a couple of months ago. like it a lot. but it's my first road bike, as i've been a mtb rider, so i can't compare it to any other road bikes. having said that, these are things i like about it: has a nice taut road feel, turns quick and sharply, drivetrain and brakes are ultegra, it's very light weight (for me anyways because my full suspension mtb is close to 30 pounds). i bought a 52 frame, and had the LBS swap out the stock 115 mm stem to a 120 mm. after about 400 miles of riding, it seems to fit me well.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2006
    Thanks for the input, any more thoughts?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2006
    Hi,

I bought Scott Speedster S30, something that is a downgrade of S10 that you are looking to buying.... so far i am absolutely loving the bike...its real stiff and smooth.... so quick along the flat road and easy to climb some steep hills...
    am sure with S10 having ultegra will a lot more differnce...
    hope this helps...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2006

Scott Speedster S20

Hi im considering a 07 Scott S20, test rode the S10 and liked it a lot. I am torn between getting the S20 or putting an S10 on lay away and getting the ultegra version. I am also considering a Specialized Allez or Roubaix. Any thought on this idea I am a big guy and am concerned about the bike holding up my weight 6'4 240lbs riding about 125mi a week with commutes and weekend rides.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2006
    i recently posted my updated review of the S10 after 800 miles here:It's not a CR1, but here's my new S10!

in short, i'm completely happy with my bike. the ultegra components have been troube-free, it looks nice (to me), and the frame just feels solid and stiff. the only thing i've changed is the handlebar stem, and i'll be changing out the saddle to fizik arione as soon as i get it shipped to me.

RoadBikeReview Member

Heck yes

Quote Originally Posted by msander19
    This is one of the bikes I'm looking into buying as I can get one with about a week's worth of riding on it for about $800. Anyone have any experience or thoughts on it?
    If this is a brand new S10 with Full Ultegra Group on it that has only been riden a week; it is a great deal at $800. {assuming of course it was crashed that week or sometime like that}

nice looking bike too
    and I love the name 'speedester'

mike