RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2013

Serotta Colorado CSI vs Bianchi Vigorelli?

I have an opportunity to pick up a good condition mid to late nineties Serotta Colorado CSI (steel) with Shimano Ultegra components from that era. Another bike I am considering is the new Bianchi Vigorelli. I have ridden both but still cannot make up my mind. The Serotta feels marginally more twitchy. I am looking for a relatively relaxed ride for fitness and group rides. I will not race. The used Serotta would be significantly cheaper than the new Bianchi, but that should not be the main criterion.

Any ideas, suggestions or feedback?
    Last edited by haziz; 05-07-2013 at 05:46 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2002
    Ideally you need to be able to compare geometry specs including fork rake and trail. Twitchiness is an abstract concept, but often refers to quick steering. I am thinking that both of these bikes have pretty much racing oriented geometry based on bottom bracket drop, head and seat angles. So probably twitch about the same. That said, many would say a fine lugged Serotta CSI is one of the nicest steel bikes ever made and would put to shame a simple tigged Bianchi...at least for aesthetics. Ride characteristics are in the butt of the beholder. Neither of the bikes here would be considered offering a relaxed ride. A Rivendell off the rack regardless of model is built with geo to offer a relaxed ride.

wim
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by eflayer2 View Post
    many would say a fine lugged Serotta CSI is one of the nicest steel bikes ever made and would put to shame a simple tigged Bianchi
    Exactly right, there's not even a contest. While there's nothing wrong with the Vigorelli, it's just another Asian cookie-cutter bike sadly posing as an "Italian racer."