RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2005

serotta concours cs vs. airborne manhattan project?

I've got a chance to purchase either one these bikes both 2004 serotta concours cs or airborne manhattan project with about a $600 difference. They both fit pretty good, any advice? I'm a 47 year old recreational rider that rides 4 - 25 mile rides per week as fast as I can go that day. thanks.

Home Brew User!
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rlrj
    I've got a chance to purchase either one these bikes both 2004 serotta concours cs or airborne manhattan project with about a $600 difference. They both fit pretty good, any advice? I'm a 47 year old recreational rider that rides 4 - 25 mile rides per week as fast as I can go that day. thanks.
    Could use a little more info? I assume the Airborne is cheaper? The first answer you will get here is "get the one that fits better".

Do they both have the same components and wheelsets? Airborne makes great bikes and I love mine. I have never ridden a Serotta but to hear their owners you would think they would made by the hand of God. If you have the time, get the Serial # off the Serotta and contact the company via email. Give them your vital stats (height, weight, inseam, reach, etc.) and tell them how you plan to ride. If they have the time they will look up the specs for that concours ( I assume it was a custom) and tell you if they think it would be a could match. Don't ask them to compare it to the Airborne.

All other things being equal (and if money is not an issue) I would get the Concours just for resale value and the bling factor.

However, either one will be a great bike. Assuming they fit of course.

Let us know what you decided.
    Joined the other team in the name of the economy

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2005
    it doesn't matter now, both deals fell thru, thanks anyway.