RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2005

Serotta Concours or Seven Axiom Ti?

I'm so confused! I cannot decide if I want a Serotta Concours or Seven Axiom Ti! The reviews here show the Seven heavy in recommendations, but the forums have a lot to say about the Serotta. I'd appreciate your honest opinions!. Thanks.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2002
    Neither one is a "better bike". It should come down to which one you like better for whatever aesthetic/personal reasons. If you're going the custom route, the fitter/shop you deal with should be a deciding factor. Either company will build a great frame if given the specs you want; finding those specs is the greatest variable.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2002

I rode both before deciding on the Seven Ti...

mostly because of the fitting I got at my LBS and the interaction with Seven which was fantatstic to build it exactly as I wanted/needed it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2004
    Like the people above have said, the three most important things are the fit, the dealer, and how you like the look of the bike. Both Seven and Serotta can make you a bike that will ride exactly like you want it to. I considered both and selected a Concours CS because of the carbon seatstays and my opinion of its esthetics vs. the Seven. But these are both VERY subjective factors and the Seven is an equally good choice. If I buy another bike in the future, it could very well be a Seven.

So I would suggest going with your instincts. I know it is very tough when you have it narrowed down to two excellent choices (I've been there recently!). Picture yourself riding on each of them and pick the picture you like the better.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2005
    Thanks! I appreciate all the input so far. I'm getting a better understanding of it all right now.

BS the DC
    You're at the top of the heap with Serotta and Seven. It really comes down to which sticker you want to see on your downtube. Do you like the edgy Serotta name or the smooth Seven name on the downtube?
    "The team wasn't just riders. It was the mechanics, masseurs, chefs, soigneurs, and doctors. But the most important man on the team may have been the chiropractor."

- Lance Armstrong, Every Second Counts

RoadBikeReview Member
    Go over the Seven's custom Geo sheet before you place your final order. I've seen and sold quite a few of these and only about 1/2 actually fit properly. They always want the frame to be bigger than needed.

I ride a 56.5 top tube and they sized me at a 58.3!!
    Pretty much here just to piss you off...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2005
    I had the same dilemma about two months ago and posted the same question on this board. At the time, I was leaning towards a Serotta because I liked the idea of a carbon seat stay. My LBS deals in both Serotta and Seven and thinks they are both great bikes. In his view, part of this is a gut decision. After doing as much research as I could, I finally settled on the Seven Axiom. One of the main points driving my decision is that I did not find any negative feedback regarding Seven from the ordering process to the actual frame. I also spoke to several Seven owners who absolutely love their bikes. I also like the very professional way Seven handles the frame building process.

By the way, despite the choice I have made, Serotta builds a great frame that you would probably be just as happy with.

Good luck.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rlrock1967
    I'm so confused! I cannot decide if I want a Serotta Concours or Seven Axiom Ti! The reviews here show the Seven heavy in recommendations, but the forums have a lot to say about the Serotta. I'd appreciate your honest opinions!. Thanks.
    Why don't you check out Strong Cycles, a small custom builder in Colorado. Pretty impressive, great rep, and will save you a couple of grand. Another two possiblities are Roark and Spectrum. Why pay for a name?

banned

give us some more details.

how many yrs have you been roadriding? how many hours a week? how many bikes have you been thru?

eminence grease
    Quote Originally Posted by rlrock1967

Moots. ;)

Gone for a bike ride ....

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by terry b
    Moots. ;)
    Second that!
    ---- Perfection is our goal, but excellence is tolerated. ----

A Canadian in Sweden
    Another vote for Moots here!!