RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2007

Question Should I buy the IBEX Aprisa 5600?

I am planning on buying a road bike but im on a tight budget of <$1000. I saw the IBEX aprisa 5600 for sale for $799 and I was wondering if I should buy it. Is it a good bike? If you know of other affordable bikes can you please suggest some.

Aprisa 5600 - http://www.ibexbikes.com/Bikes/APR-5600-Details.html

P.S how much does the Jamis Ventura Elite 2006 model cost on average?

Soft
    I have a cheap Ibex (the Classic 3300) and was happy with my experience buying from them. They're very easy to work with on the phone, but you NEED to know what size you want. Assembly on the bike was fairly painless, though you can have your LBS do it, if you want.

The Aprisa is fairly comparable to any number of bikes that will cost more at an LBS. What you're giving up is the ability to be fitted. What you're getting is mostly 105 parts on a good frame.

Another possibility is this Jenson special:

http://www.jensonusa.com/store/produ...ce+Kit+06.aspx

Ooh, Campy! Ooh Steel.

Jenson has a number of good deal in store, too, if you happen to be in SoCal. I think it would help answer your question if you told us more about what you want to do, bike wise.

Home Brew User!
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenYeti
    I am planning on buying a road bike but im on a tight budget of <$1000. I saw the IBEX aprisa 5600 for sale for $799 and I was wondering if I should buy it. Is it a good bike? If you know of other affordable bikes can you please suggest some.

Aprisa 5600 - http://www.ibexbikes.com/Bikes/APR-5600-Details.html

As long as you are fairly comfortable with sizing yourself and don't need a 57 (out of stock), than go for it.

At the sale price of $800 it is very nicely equipped. You could probably find other end of year deal on the net (Performance or RSCycles) for similarly equipped bikes but I really like the look of the IBEX.

You also don't see many of them on the road and I kinda like that too. If you wnat more info about the IBEX bikes and the company you should check out the IBEX Forum here on RBR. I suspect your thread may even be moved there.

If you have a little cycling/bike experience you may also want to consider used. That is where the real value is. It does involve a little more research and risk but can be well worth it.

What ever you do, don't buy a bike from Bikesdirect.com. Their frames are POS
    Joined the other team in the name of the economy

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2007
    I purchased a MTB from Ibex and I really like it...I feel they are a very good value for your dollar...customer service was excellent. I live in the same area as Ibex warehouse, so I see a lot of Ibex MTB's... I have seen one 5600...talked to the guy for a couple seconds. The bike looked really good and he said he loved it. At the current sale price, it's a great deal! Get it!

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2007

If you can find one I'd expect to pay around $1000

duh...
    bikesdirect?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2007

I have Ibex Trophy Pro

An old roadie, but new to MTB, I didn't want to spend too much, did lots of research that ruled out Bikes Direct and some others, and ended up getting an Ibex Trophy that I love. I've ridden it for 5 trouble-free months now, no component problems and weight exactly as advertised. Handling and frame quality and design are great!
    Mallard4