RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2007

Specialized Allez Vs Redline Conquest Sport

Hey guys,

I'm just getting into road biking and trying to choose my first bike. I've narrowed it down to two choice -- The Specialized Allez Tripple ($700) and the Redline Conquest sport ($600). The bike is mainly going to be used for a ten to fifteen mile commute until I become obsessive compulsive about biking. It's happened before with mountain biking so it's just a matter of time. Anyways, I've cut it down to those two option and I can't decide between them. Which on would you choose? or perhaps there's a similar bike that I've over looked.

Cheers,
    Andrew

Team Tom's
    Wow, no responses yet. I'll contribute but I'm still a newbie to all of this so bear with me. I've got Specialized Allez Elite Triple and I absolutely love it. For a first bike it's one heck of a ride and a great deal. If there's one thing I could definitely comment on, it would be about the Companies. Specialized is great, their riders club (which I would suggest on joining) is sweet! Keeps you connected with other riders in your area and with local events.

There are many, many quality bikes out there, especially for the beginner, so really it comes down to personal preference at that point and what you think of the shop and the company that manufactures the bike.

From my limited time here on the boards I've not seen much mention of Redline's or those that ride them, but there is a Specialized forum for just us Specialized riders.

So, let's say you like both bikes the exact same. Go with Specialized. They're great bikes with a lot of support.

Take care!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Another Piece
    Hey guys,

I'm just getting into road biking and trying to choose my first bike. I've narrowed it down to two choice -- The Specialized Allez Tripple ($700) and the Redline Conquest sport ($600). The bike is mainly going to be used for a ten to fifteen mile commute until I become obsessive compulsive about biking. It's happened before with mountain biking so it's just a matter of time. Anyways, I've cut it down to those two option and I can't decide between them. Which on would you choose? or perhaps there's a similar bike that I've over looked.

Cheers,
    Andrew
    Well, the Specialized is a road bike and the Redline is cross bike. If you planning to remain on the road, I would suggest you go with Specialized. It should be a little lighter and the carbon bits (fork and seatpost I think) might help with the road buzz and make the ride a little more comfortable.

If you looking doing some light offroading (like fire trails) when you get obsessive compulsive or you going to be ride on some really f-uped roads then go with the Redline. It a little more beefier, no carbon parts, itíll take more punishment then the Specialized.

zpl
    RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2007
    Hi Andrew,

I've had an '07 Specialized Allez Triple now for a few weeks. Like you, I'm just getting into road riding after being a mountain bike fanatic (many years ago).

I think the Allez makes a great commuting bike - it has rear rack eyelets and is a fairly sturdy machine. In fact, I'll be doing my commute to work on it for the first time on Thursday (12 mi. each way). I really like the way the bike handles, it's stiff and feels fast but does not ride harsh at all.

I know nothing of the Redline so of course I can't comment on that.

Scott

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2005
    I have a Specialized Allez myself, and I love it. Haven't ridden a Redline so I can't comment on that, but I don't think you will be disappointed with the Specialized.

Home Brew User!
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Another Piece
    Hey guys,

... until I become obsessive compulsive about biking. It's happened before with mountain biking so it's just a matter of time.....

Get the redline! If you get into it like you are implying, than the Specialized will have zero value to you inside of a year. The cross bike will always have a place in your rotation.
    Joined the other team in the name of the economy