RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2004

SPECIALIZED RUBY COMP.? Other Women's Specific Frame?

I'm thinking of purchasing a Specialized Ruby Comp. for my wife, looking for any feedback on it. Also, if you ride any other women's specific frame I would appreciate your feedback, I know both Trek and Giant make carbon fiber women's specific geometry, appreciate your thoughts on which to purchase. Thanks!

RoadBikeReview Member
    My wife bought a new bike a little over a month ago, & the Specialized Ruby was one of the front contenders after several test rides...but ultimately she chose a Cannondale Synapse Féminine. She loves it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2004
    I had intended on getting my wife one of those, but she doesn't fit a women's bike. So I got her a men's Roubaiz Elite. It's a step down in components, but she loves the frame and the way it rides.
    "It's supposed to be a challenge; it's a shortcut! If it were easy
    it would just be the way." - Road Trip

duh...
    why not let her try 'em and decide for herself? is it a surprise?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2006
    Don't sell short the Biancho Eros Donna. It's a 'chick specific' bike. Steel frame, carbon fork, very nice Campy entry level groupo, Mavic Aksium wheelset. TINY little handlebars and brake grips, but 700 wheels. Once my wife got on it, there was NO getting her off it...and she'd tried some bikes from Specialized. The 47cm frame just was a drop-in fit for her.It had a little shop wear, so they marked it down to $900.00. Very nice!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2004

Ruby

Thanks for your input, it is not a surprise, I don't like aluminum, she currently has an 18 year old steel frame, we are looking to update her current ride with new technology in both the frame, wheels and components, I like CF so that is the direction I am steering my wife.Nothing wrong with steel. I have basically narrowed my choices to a Trek womens specific Pilot, and the Specialized Ruby Comp. Any other suggestions are certainly appreciated.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I would also suggest you look at Terry bicycles. That's a company dedicated primarily to women and their bikes reflect that. If your wife has long legs (as most women do) they are one of the few companies that give slacker STA's on smaller frames. Some of their bikes are a bit odd looking, but from my understanding they are very comfortable for women.

They should at least be looked at in your process.