RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2005

Spesh Roubaix vs VeloVie 100 - Geometry advice

Hi,

I have test rode a Spesh Roubaix Comp and the 54 frame fits me well and is what Im looking for in a bike, tall head tube etc. However Im finding it hard to get a frameset only (apart from the sworks) or a full bike for that matter (in the UK).

So (as my father will over in the US in a couple of weeks) I am looking at the Velo Vie Vitesse 100 as an alternative. www.velovie.com . The frame seems very good value and has a longer than normal head tube.

However my question is, how different is the geometry to the roubaix in a size 54?

Roubaix VeloVie
    SeatTube 500 540
    Eff Top Tube 548 540
    Head Tube 165 150
    Chainstays 415 405
    Seat Angle 73.5 73.8
    Head Angle 72 72.8
    Wheel Base 1000 975

Would you say the slight differences in the geometry dimensions will make a big difference in terms of fit? They seem pretty similar, but how does lets say a longer chainstay or a steaper head angle affect handling/ride characteristics?

Can you suggest any other alternatives?

My plan is to build it up with SRAM Rival, Kysirium Elites and Thomson/FSA finishing kit.

Thanks
    Amit

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2006

hi amit

Just read a review in a French mag (top velo) comparing 3 bikes, the roubaix, the Trek Pilot (ugh!!) and the Bianchi 928. the roubaix came out last place! Bianchi won . french bike reviews are pretty indepth to say the least.........
    Good luck
    Jon
    PS have you sat on a Scott Team? It felt good to me......

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jon davies
    Just read a review in a French mag (top velo) comparing 3 bikes, the roubaix, the Trek Pilot (ugh!!) and the Bianchi 928. the roubaix came out last place! Bianchi won . french bike reviews are pretty indepth to say the least.........
    Good luck
    Jon
    PS have you sat on a Scott Team? It felt good to me......
    And French mags are never biased.