RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2008

Stock Jamis Xenith Comp v. SRAM CAAD 9 5?

Anybody got suggestions? I'm coming off of a trek 1500 that got mostly wrecked when I was hit by a car in oct. Now recovered, I'm looking for a new bike for racing and training, and planning to rebuild the trek for nasty weather.

After test riding Felt F85, CDale Six, and Cervélo S1 I narrowed it down to these two:

Xenith Comp, it has pretty much 105, Shimano R500

or for about 200 less,

CAAD 9 5, with SRAM Rival, and cheaper mavic wheels

I road the Xenith and can say, it is amazing(fantastic, beautiful ride!!!). But this would be my first carbon bike, and I'm hesitant to make the switch, and I don't know anything about Jamis, are there frames solid? Do they have a good track record with customers?
    Finally, I know carbon's price is going up, but 2200 seems a lot to drop for 105 components.

Any suggestions?

Sleep Expert
    Jamis is a good, solid value brand. I can recommend it if you like the ride. If you like the Cdale as much or more, then I'd chose it or whichever shifting you like more between SRAM and Shimano.
    My carbon footprint has cleats

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2007
    Between the xenith and the caad it is 100% impossible for you to make a bad coice. both exelent bikes. decide carbon or aluminum or sram shimano..both great frames.