Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member

Stradalli Carbom frames

Well like a lot of other people on this site i been looking to upgrade to a Full carbon frame. I have read all the Ebay carbon posti can but i found this just googling online

has anyone hurd of this company and of their frames
    what should i look for in a non race frame something that good for 25 to 30 mile rides that has a good geomontry

http://www.carbonroadbikebicyclecycling.com/catalog/2

thanks

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2010
    If they are reputable, they should really get themselves another URL - that one looks awkward.

Formosan Cyclocross
    They source OEM frames from China and brand them.

wim
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2005
    Nice imitation of the Ferrari logo, though.

Tom ("Crazy German") Steinbacher branching out from his motorcycle shop in Florida.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Dajianshan
    They source OEM frames from China and brand them.
    Nothing wrong with that.

wim
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Midgetman
    Nothing wrong with that.
    Absolutely. Also nothing wrong with putting out an Italian brand image because people nowadays understand how bicycle frame marketing works.

Formosan Cyclocross
    I have seen the same bikes under different names and even some without names for less. More than one of those frames can be found on Alibaba for around $400. The designs are old molds that have been tested and rejected by other companies. The Milano was tested by a close friend of mine and rejected by his company. You might as well look for deals on the ebay carbon frame sticky to find the right open-mold frames for the best price.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2007
    there is always pedalforce.com if you really need a good frame at that price.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2010
    I actually got one the Stradalli Frames, and haven't had any problems yet, and I really enjoy the ride. But what would I know? I'm not involved in frame design and engineering. And my background is mountain bike racing. (nuff said??)

For what reason's would a mold be rejected by another company? And should I worry about catastrophic failure at 45 mph (downhill obviously).

Seems like a standard double triangle. It's extremely light. Actually seems well built and of high quality, to a novice like me. Miles better then my previous ride (although that's not saying much). And it was comparatively inexpensive. Also, I can finally ride centuries now and feel pretty decent when I'm finished (most importantly).

So again, why would this frame be rejected? Am I sitting on a ticking time bomb, or is it just that this frame performs poorly in areas that I'm too inexperienced to grasp?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2011
    I just got a Red Pro from Stradalli. I am patiently waiting for the snow to melt here in Maine and get this on the road. The bike is pretty much exactly as promised. Patrick has been very helpful over the phone.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2011

Stradalli bikes

I hope this post will help people in making a decision about buying a Stradalli bike. I too was searching the internet for information about this company and found very little about the them. I noticed they are located in Pompano Beach, Fl and since I live in Orlando I decided to send them an email and ask if they have a show room I could come by and see their bikes and if I liked what I saw, to actually go home with one.

I was able to talk to Patrick and he gave me directions to their warehouse. I drove down to Pompano and looked at each component for the bike and everyting seemed "on the up and up". The deal was too good to pass up so I purchased the bike.

My first race using the bike was the Webster-Roubaix held on March 5, 2011 in Webster, FL. For those who do not know about this race, it is considered to be one of the most prestigious and toughest road races in the southeast. The course is 7 laps around a 9 mile loop with just over 2 miles being on a dirt. The dirt road has a lot of washboard, ruts, potholes, sand and rocks. The paved road sections are also full of potholes and broken asphalt. Most of the competition showed up on steel framed bikes and their toughest wheels. There were a lot of crashes, broken spokes and lost water bottles due to the bouncing on the washboard sections of the course.

The bike I purchased was the Trebisacce Pro Red with the 50mm carbon fiber wheels. The bike held up perfectly. Even the wheels remained true. Because the bike held up and I was not involved in any crashes, I was able win the Category 3 race. I highly recommend the bike. It is extremely durable, stiff and is a great value. I wish I had known about this bike before purchasing my 2010 Trek Madone 6.9 Project One and my 2011 Trek Madone Livestrong Di2 bike. I could have bought ten of these bikes for what I paid for the two Treks.

If you are looking for a road bike that is durable, stiff, has great components, and is at an unbeatable price, look no further. I am a 200 lb. sprinter and I put this bike through hell. What more could you ask for as far as quality and durability?

banned
    Apr 2010
    This is our version of Roubaix, here in Utah, Sunshine.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeracer2009 View Post
    I hope this post will help people in making a decision about buying a Stradalli bike. I too was searching the internet for information about this company and found very little about the them. I noticed they are located in Pompano Beach, Fl and since I live in Orlando I decided to send them an email and ask if they have a show room I could come by and see their bikes and if I liked what I saw, to actually go home with one.

I was able to talk to Patrick and he gave me directions to their warehouse. I drove down to Pompano and looked at each component for the bike and everyting seemed "on the up and up". The deal was too good to pass up so I purchased the bike.

My first race using the bike was the Webster-Roubaix held on March 5, 2011 in Webster, FL. For those who do not know about this race, it is considered to be one of the most prestigious and toughest road races in the southeast. The course is 7 laps around a 9 mile loop with just over 2 miles being on a dirt. The dirt road has a lot of washboard, ruts, potholes, sand and rocks. The paved road sections are also full of potholes and broken asphalt. Most of the competition showed up on steel framed bikes and their toughest wheels. There were a lot of crashes, broken spokes and lost water bottles due to the bouncing on the washboard sections of the course.

The bike I purchased was the Trebisacce Pro Red with the 50mm carbon fiber wheels. The bike held up perfectly. Even the wheels remained true. Because the bike held up and I was not involved in any crashes, I was able win the Category 3 race. I highly recommend the bike. It is extremely durable, stiff and is a great value. I wish I had known about this bike before purchasing my 2010 Trek Madone 6.9 Project One and my 2011 Trek Madone Livestrong Di2 bike. I could have bought ten of these bikes for what I paid for the two Treks.

If you are looking for a road bike that is durable, stiff, has great components, and is at an unbeatable price, look no further. I am a 200 lb. sprinter and I put this bike through hell. What more could you ask for as far as quality and durability?
    bikeracer2009, I am thinking about this bike too. What are you impressions so far? Any additional comments since your last post? What is the complete weight of your bike? Thanks for your thoughts.

RoadBikeReview Member

My Stradalli Purchasing Adventure

rmayerik,

Before you buy a Stradalli, allow me a moment to let you know what you might be getting into. It might sound a bit over the top, but I can back up what I say here 100% in emails and various documentation. I also have no problem being contacted personally to verify anything I write here. PM me and have at it, folks. Here are the facts:

I live in the Cayman Islands. I chose Stradalli for a couple of reasons -- they answered the phone on Saturday (7 Jan. 2012), are located within 30 miles of my freight forwarder, could ship the bike to them FedEx, and also had everything I wanted in stock. And not least, they were quite friendly and helpful, so I was delighted and confident to proceed. I've done a ton of research on the Chinese generic / Ebay frames, knew a bit about their sources and was totally comfortable with the quality, etc. It all looked so easy and simple.

I pulled the trigger on the following Monday, Jan. 9. I purchased a 58cm Trebisacce with a full SRAM Force spec. Patrick was the sales rep, and let me make it abundantly clear here and now that he has been simply great thru this whole process. From what I've experienced to date, he's a stand-up guy. I very much doubt he's at the root of my issues with Stradalli.

Long story short, they sent me the wrong frame. Frustrating and irritating, but but mistakes happen. Living on an island you get used to it. So I sent the frame back on the spot. I paid all the return shipping costs out of my own pocket (about $200 in charges and various export duties, etc.) Everything else was OK so I kept the rest of the parts. I wasn't too worried about the return shipping money. I figured that we could come to some kind of agreement later. I just wanted (and still do!) a new bike. The correct one, though. I don't think that's too much to ask, seeing how I paid for it in full now is it?.

Here's how it panned out for me.The wrong frame I sent back is still at US Customs pending clearance by Stradalli. I can't clear it from 500 miles away, they must do that themselves. It's addressed to them, for G0d's sake!! But they won't because it's 30 miles away from them. The right frame is at their shop, but they absolutely will not send it to me until the wrong frame arrives safely back in their hands.

Nevermind that there are companies out there who could clear this thing out of US Customs for about $50-$75. I even did the research to help them out and sent them an email summary of what to do. I spent a bunch of time and long distance $$ doing that. Which, as you will soon see, makes me feel like I'm wearing an extra large pair of donkey's ears right now.

So in my case their position boils down to this: they make the first mistake, I pay to correct it, they refuse to follow thru in good faith. Now they have my all my money, the correct frame in their possession and at least the legal means to retrieve the wrong frame from Miami. Just hire someone to do the paperwork and get it out of Customs. To me, that warrants a bit of positive action on their end. A couple of days go by. I'm growing uncomfortable, so I called Patrick on Friday 20 Jan. 2012 to see what's up. I explain that, quite reluctantly, if Stradalli doesn't send out my frame I would have to issue a credit card chargeback for that amount and...

Boom. That's where things go absolutely off the rails. Someone who was not Patrick (he had a German accent, I believe) butted into the conversation, and hung up on us. Disconnected a paying customer in mid sentence, mid resolution. I was not rude or unreasonable, I did not do or say anything aggressive. I was completely stunned and surprised. I emailed them a lengthy, firmly toned but still friendly note outlining my position. I called back about 3 hours later.

The same person with the German sounding accent answered. He called himself Dale (?) and claimed to be Patrick's boss. This is where things took a turn that I'm still at a loss of words to fully understand.

HE CURSED ME OUT. Called me a f*ggot. Suggested I go and fellate some one. Go and f*ck myself. A paying customer. Some Joe who just wanted to buy a bike. He treated me like some sort of mangy thief. And to think, I paid thousands to experience that.

If only...if only I could have been there to physically respond to his cowardly and vile little spiel. There's still plenty of time to make amends for that, however.

And not even an apology of any type today (Jan. 23, 2011). If I owned that business, I'd be on the phone in a flash, doing whatever it took to put the fire out. But not these guys, even in the age of the Internet and social media. What does that say about them to you??

Take all this with as much salt as you like. It's your money. But I can prove to one and all that doing business with Stradalli has been nothing but pain, aggravation and grievous insults. It's got me mad enough to make write all this down at midnight anyways! This whole fiasco is still ongoing as of today. so there's still plenty more of that to come, I'm afraid. You will DEFINITELY hear about it.

As a fellow cyclist, I advise you proceed with extreme caution, sir.

Regards,
    Anthony R, Ebanks

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2012
    TSXI1, Thanks for your input.

RoadBikeReview Member
    TSXi1 So what is going on today? Does this company not have other customers out of country? How do they deal with those returns then. More importantly if they get their frames from China how do they get them through customs if they do not have an agent? This Dale person sounds like he has some anger management problems. I would find out who is the CEO of the company and send a letter.

Formosan Cyclocross
    Stradalli is probably just a handful of guys who can't afford to lock down their own frames. They slap paint and an Italian name on these Chinese frames and sell them with a significant mark up. If you check the Great Keen catalogue or Hong-fu, you will likely get the same bike or something similar for a fraction of the price.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Stradalli Carbom frames-magnus.jpg   Stradalli Carbom frames-jetta-frame-compressed.jpg  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2010
    Stradalli looks like the same oem frames that pretty much everybody has, with a nice paint job, ferrari red and ferrari fonts used in the logo. Would not surprise me if the owner is argentinian, why? those kind of things to market the products are common in south america, the brand sound argentinian too. Not saying italian because unless you are born in Italy (no matter where your last name is from), you are not italian. Italian argentinian descendents still swear themself italians, ask to an italian about an argentinian too hehehe.

Don't think are bad but IMO they should be charging less for their frames.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2011
    Almost all of you are saying that they use chinese frame... I can find the equivalent of some of their frame with the chinese one but not the Napoli !!

Can you tell me which chinese frame is the Napoli ??? because it is a very very sexy bike !!!

Formosan Cyclocross

Booo-yaaawwwww!!!!!!!!!!!
    I wouldn't touch them either. I found some guys out of East Asia using their pictures in an Alibaba scam. I contacted Stradalli about it, and just got a "we'll look into it." Not even a thanks. This was a while ago so maybe the guy who handled it isn't with the company.........but that sealed it for me.
    The one stop spot for the wanna-be pros out there. Bikes, gear, deals, life...
    http://shouldbetraining.blogspot.com/

My eBay Store

Formosan Cyclocross
    I might guess the OEM had prepared some frames that Stradalli never paid for, not to spec, and never delivered, so they had to get rid of them on Alibaba.

RoadBikeReview Member
    What motivates people to spend money on a new brand that is reselling someone else's stuff for a premium? You're not getting a new product. You aren't taking advantage of a fantastic buying experience or the backing of a company with a great reputation.

It just seems like throwing money away for some stickers.

Can anyone explain why people decide to buy something like this?
    Get a better saddle: www.kontactbike.com

RoadBikeReview Member
    I bough the Stradalli Milano Strada-Pro. My transaction went smoothly with them. The bike has a great paint job and its a little heavy but makes up for it in stiffness. I have about 500 miles on it now and am super happy with its performance. As for the company, If you read their website they have a sketchy return policy. I was short on money so I took the risk. Everything was fine but I think its a risk you run when you don't buy from a well established/reputable company.

Booo-yaaawwwww!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dajianshan View Post
    I might guess the OEM had prepared some frames that Stradalli never paid for, not to spec, and never delivered, so they had to get rid of them on Alibaba.
    It was definitely a scam. They were also selling Sram Red groupos WAAAAYYYY below cost and few other things that made you go "If it's to good to be true........."
    The one stop spot for the wanna-be pros out there. Bikes, gear, deals, life...
    http://shouldbetraining.blogspot.com/

My eBay Store

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast