RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2018

is a Supersix Evo a good choice for this CAD?

My most recent fit CAD is attached, wanted to get thoughts on whether a 54 Cannondale Supersix would be a good choice fiit wise?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails is a Supersix Evo a good choice for this CAD?-cad.jpg  
    Last edited by ridebikes_eatcake; 01-27-2018 at 05:27 PM.

Happily absent RBR Member
    Absolutely not. For two road bikes they couldn't be more different.
    Get a better saddle: www.kontactbike.com

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Kontact View Post
    Absolutely not. For two road bikes they couldn't be more different.
    Any suggestions for a better race geometery choice? i was basically looking for something with top tube 53-55cm, and seat tube 53-55cm which this seemed to fit?

Quote Originally Posted by ridebikes_eatcake View Post
    Any suggestions for a better race geometery choice? i was basically looking for something with top tube 53-55cm, and seat tube 53-55cm which this seemed to fit?
    Your CAD shows a 53 top tube with a 74.5 STA and a 90mm stem, spacers and 165mm head tube. That's short and upright. The closest to that I can think of is going to be a Cervelo R3 for a Supersix type racer, but it still will not have a very high head tube, just a similar reach. However it isn't going to have the long front center from a 71.5 HTA.

The measurements you're asking about in your CAD look like a very upright endurance bike, but you asked about the Supersix, which is a hard core racer - long, low and with a short wheelbase. You need to look for bikes with really tall head tubes and long wheelbases.

To convert TT lengths to compare them, add 1cm for every 1 of STA above 73. So your TT length would be 545mm on a bike with a 73 STA.
    Last edited by Kontact; 01-27-2018 at 04:16 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Kontact View Post
    Your CAD shows a 53 top tube with a 74.5 STA and a 90mm stem, spacers and 165mm head tube. That's short and upright. The closest to that I can think of is going to be a Cervelo R3 for a Supersix type racer, but it still will not have a very high head tube, just a similar reach. However it isn't going to have the long front center from a 71.5 HTA.

The measurements you're asking about in your CAD look like a very upright endurance bike, but you asked about the Supersix, which is a hard core racer - long, low and with a short wheelbase. You need to look for bikes with really tall head tubes and long wheelbases.

To convert TT lengths to compare them, add 1cm for every 1 of STA above 73. So your TT length would be 545mm on a bike with a 73 STA.
    Firstly, thanks for your replies, much appreciated.

Well, basically, i'm after a proper race bike fit, but my fitter said that i have long legs, short torso, hence the upright position. I wasn't overly interested in all the endurance frames which were suggested given i do a lot of racing. If i can go for a race fit, i'd like to do that. The hard part so far has been finding a bike which is short up front, and long BB to seatpost.

Most of my riding is crits and hilly road races.

Trek Emonda is another i was considering, but that seems to have a short as seat tube.

Quote Originally Posted by ridebikes_eatcake View Post
    Firstly, thanks for your replies, much appreciated.

Well, basically, i'm after a proper race bike fit, but my fitter said that i have long legs, short torso, hence the upright position. I wasn't overly interested in all the endurance frames which were suggested given i do a lot of racing. If i can go for a race fit, i'd like to do that. The hard part so far has been finding a bike which is short up front, and long BB to seatpost.

Most of my riding is crits and hilly road races.

Trek Emonda is another i was considering, but that seems to have a short as seat tube.
    If that's what you're looking for, why the relaxed head tube angle?

Upright racing bikes: Trek Madone H2 or H3, Emonda, Cervelo, probably some a bunch of others. Any bike with a tall enough head tube can make up for the frame being "small" otherwise. This is why stack and reach came into vogue - even though they are misleading measures, they hone in on reach and height allowing you to ignore the rest. Seat tube length is relatively unimportant as long as the seat post is long enough.

The real question is what is the lowest head tube that will get your bars high enough after you've used a reasonable stack of spacers and have the stem the way you like it.