pedalpedalpedal

Taillight clamp/seat mast problem

I just got a Cateye TL-LD610 rear light--same as my other bike--and tried to mount it on my new frame, which has a 37mm seat mast. Not long enough.

So, my question is, does anyone make a rear light with a larger clamp? Looking around, it seems most clamps fit the smaller 26-32mm seatpost diameter.

Hooked On Quack
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by f3rg
    I just got a Cateye TL-LD610 rear light--same as my other bike--and tried to mount it on my new frame, which has a 37mm seat mast. Not long enough.
    Which frameset? I have that very same light mounted on my Madone 5.9. It's a tight fit but I put it below the seat mast collar, snug down to the top tube joint. I wouldn't want to have to take it off and put it on every few days/weeks, but once on it's pretty secure.
    YMMV
    -dg
    The thing about the cold is that you can never tell how cold it is from looking out a kitchen window. You have to dress up, get out training and when you come back, you then know how cold it is.
    -- Sean Kelly

RoadBikeReview Member
    Get a Knog Bullfrog or Stink. It also won't scratch up your seatmast. It just wraps around and attaches to itself.

https://www.knog.com.au/gear-lights/

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bwhite_4 View Post
    Get a Knog Bullfrog or Stink. It also won't scratch up your seatmast. It just wraps around and attaches to itself.

https://www.knog.com.au/gear-lights/
    If you get a KNOG better make sure it is not on the recall list:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Taillight clamp/seat mast problem-knog_recall.gif  

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2005
    The Blackburn Mars 3.0 is relatively inexpensive, bright, and straps securely to aero seat posts.