RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2006

Thanks, Matt for a great paint job!

A big thank you to Matt Assenmacher of Assenmacher Cycles for the custom paint work on my LeMond carbon/steel spine. I think Matt was as energized as me about creating a classy and classic look for my frame, and worked to make all the details just right. You can't see it in the photos, but there's a hint of pearl in the clearcoat which shimmers in the sunlight. I'm thrilled with the look, and highly recommend Matt's work to anyone looking to refresh their paint or to create a whole new look for their bike.

From Jeff's LeMond custom paint by Matt Assenmacher, custom wheels by Zen Cyclery

PS. I had forgotten how challenging it is to get a great shot of a white bike and keep the color balance and appropriate detail in the image!

kytyree
    nice looking bike, I've always liked that particular style of painting a frame

So what if I'm a dork!
    It seems like my bike gets chain oil all over it. My bike is black though. Do you think it will be a problem or do you use a particular chain lube that's less messy? I always wondered if white bikes were hard to keep. The white wheels also. Seems like my rear wheel gets so oily. When I put the lube on I do wipe the chain off also but it still seems to get all over. I think white bikes look great though and your's is classic with a custom touch.It looks very nice. I use Finish Line Pro Road Lube. Any suggestions anyone?
    Henry Porter
    ...But the pistol thing is dumb.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2008
    Very nice update on a unique frame.

RoadBikeReview Member

Nicely done

I've got a Maillot Jaune and now you've got me thinking. You mind saying how much it cost? Also, did Matt do the decals or did you provide them. Lemond's for me are a sensational value. I've bought the Maillot, a Zurich and a Ti Team Saturn. I happen to like their fit and geometry. Yours looks great!
    i've got limited minutes left in life, don't waste my time

Old and Fixed, Moderator
    Very well done.......I really like white bikes...that looks great
    Dave Hickey/ Fort Worth

My 3Rensho Blog: http://vintage3rensholove.blogspot.com/

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2006
    Thanks, all. Boneman, very reasonable pricing, <$400. Check pricing here and his gallery here -- then give Matt a call. He sourced all the decals; I wanted the older panel style with block lettering which was what he has available. I don't think he had access to the 2005-6ish change to script.

Just don't get copy this one exactly

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2007
    very nice.

My Lemond: