RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2011

Threaded bottom brackets in 2018

Hello,

has someone made observations of 2018 model bikes, that have previously had press-fit bottom brackets, to be now available with a BSA shell instead?

As I was happy to discover on the MTB front, Specialized had made alloy/carbon Epic's with a threaded bb for 2018 (maybe except the S-Works model).

Also please note, that I'm not asking for discussion of threaded vs press-fit. Just wish to know if someone has spotted a change from the previous models.

Russian Troll Farmer
    Quote Originally Posted by ssio View Post
    Also please note, that I'm not asking for discussion of threaded vs press-fit. ......
    You're new here, so you probably didn't realize that by post #3 on this thread that's exactly what it will become.
    "L'enfer, c'est les autres"

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2015
    Hello,

has someone made observations of 2018 model bikes, that have previously had press-fit bottom brackets, to be now available with a BSA shell instead?

As I was happy to discover on the MTB front, Specialized had made alloy/carbon Epic's with a threaded bb for 2018 (maybe except the S-Works model).

Also please note, that I'm not asking for discussion of threaded vs press-fit. Just let wish to know if someone has spotted a change from the previous models.
    Specialized Roubaix from Expert model to below is now threaded bottom bracket per below article:
    Is pressfit dead? road.cc investigates and speaks to Specialized and Bowman Cycles | road.cc

Pinerellos and Bianchi Intenso are other carbon frames that have threaded bottom brackets in 2018.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ra21benj View Post
    Specialized Roubaix from Expert model to below is now threaded bottom bracket per below article:
    Is pressfit dead? road.cc investigates and speaks to Specialized and Bowman Cycles | road.cc

Pinerellos and Bianchi Intenso are other carbon frames that have threaded bottom brackets in 2018.
    Pressfit R.I.P.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ra21benj View Post

Oh yes, the Roubaix. I'm actually currently riding the SL4 model, but I've had 2 of the earlier models prior to that, so I could try some other bikes too.

Intenso is something I shall investigate, thanks for the tip!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2015
    Oh yes, the Roubaix. I'm actually currently riding the SL4 model, but I've had 2 of the earlier models prior to that, so I could try some other bikes too.

Intenso is something I shall investigate, thanks for the tip!
    Iím 5í9Ē and ride size 53 Bianchi Intenso. Intenso rides smooth because of Kevlar in the fork and seat stays. Head tube isnít too long for an endurance frame, so you can get your stem low if you want to be more aero. Great looking bike with a BSA threaded bottom bracket.