RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2014

Titanium frame w Trek Geo

I was wondering if anyone knows of a stock titanium frame in a similar geometry to a 2016 Trek Emonda H2 in 56in. I donít want to go custom but like the way my current Trek fits. Just want to change frame materials. Thanks

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2006
    The odds of finding a stock frame with the same geometry is needle in a haystack stuff. I appreciate your desire and frugality, but I think your only sure route is custom. Just hand the builder the spec sheet from your Emonda. Sure; you'll pay a premium but you'll gain peace of mind. I'd be interested to hear if you get a titanium replica regarding how it compares to your Emonda, so post back if it comes to pass.

Happily absent RBR Member
    First, there are many bikes with similar enough geometry to transfer your fit without issue. The specifics of the Emonda geometry is relatively unimportant.

Second, just copy down your geometry and email it to companies you're interested in and ask them what would be most similar in their line. Let them do the leg work.

Third, all Ti frames are handmade, so going "custom" is really not a big deal. Kish would be a great choice for a US maker for a reasonable cost and first class workmanship. Lynskey might do a custom for you as well. Otherwise Habanero has them custom made in overseas for cheap.
    Get a better saddle: www.kontactbike.com

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2010
    By the way same goe will mean same fit of course but it won't necessarily mean same ride. Unless your body is way out of the box getting a frame that fits is a given. I'd suggest not just looking for fit and getting one that rides they way you want and has the features you want (such as tire clearance, rack mounts or not ect).
    You probably see where I'm going here and that's custom.

When I bought a Seven I test rode several that fit me just fine. One was made initially for a 125 pound woman and another was made for 180 pound powerful guy. These two felt drastically different despite both fitting me perfectly.

You may as well do it right and not leave the advantages of getting a ti frame on the table. As said already, they are all welded one by one so custom vs stock generally isn't a big deal price wise for ti.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdsmoke View Post
    I was wondering if anyone knows of a stock titanium frame in a similar geometry to a 2016 Trek Emonda H2 in 56in. I donít want to go custom but like the way my current Trek fits. Just want to change frame materials. Thanks
    https://lynskeyperformance.com/produ...ike-frame.html

size L has its stack and reach within a mm.
    You'd have to compare the other numbers.