RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2010

Question Titanium "ProTi" frame for a Cyclocross or road bike - has anyone heard of it?

I'm considering getting a (used) bike with a "ProTi" or "Pro Ti" titanium frame, and I am having an exceedingly difficult time finding out anything at all about it; the closest thing I found through Google was this an auction selling the below image, except that my potential frame has had all the labels removed - there's just enough residue to read the "ProTi" part.

Like in that image, the eyelets for the cables are on top of (not below) the top tube. I think it may be a Cyclo-cross frame, guessing from that and the source of the image below.

Any idea what it is / what company made it / around what year it might be from / what it's worth / how good it's build quality is?

Thanks a ton for your help!

Titanium "ProTi" frame for a Cyclocross or road bike - has anyone heard of it?-frame.jpg

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2010

A link to the photo

See the image, embedded, here - the forum handled the attachment oddly.

Thanks again!

RoadBikeReview Member
    I like titanium, it's a great material, as long as it's joined right. What do the welds look like?

RoadBikeReview Member
    I'm guessing but it looks like a Russian or Eastern European frame. I say that cause I had a road frame with similar finish and weld quality was the same. I think you got this pic off of Pros Closet. That's where I had a closer look at the frame.

I'm just guessing it's made by a Russian builder.