Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Tomasso TRC 500

  1. #1
    Zig
    Zig is offline
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    7

    Question Tomasso TRC 500

    Newbie questions - will this bike in a 61 cm size fit me - 34" inseam, 6'3.5"? Is this an acceptable bike for century riding - mainly will be doing 25 to 50 mile rides with some good climbs?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Home Brew User!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    2,814
    Quote Originally Posted by Zig
    Newbie questions - will this bike in a 61 cm size fit me - 34" inseam, 6'3.5"? Is this an acceptable bike for century riding - mainly will be doing 25 to 50 mile rides with some good climbs?

    Thanks
    Don't get your fit advise here. There have been some recent threads recommending different online fit calculators. Start there and at very least figure out which body measurements you need to take. Pant inseams don't really provide the information you need. You can also call Randall Scott Cycles and talk to them. All that said, a 59 - 61 would be a good guess for someone you size. Bikes are measure different so it is hard to say.

    As far as the bike goes there have not been many reviews of any of the Tomasso bikes but there is no reason to think they would not be very good quality. That level bike would be more than adequate for the riding you describe.

    Good luck and please let us know how the purchase goes.
    Joined the other team in the name of the economy

  3. #3
    Zig
    Zig is offline
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    7

    Thanks . . . but

    Quote Originally Posted by Lifelover
    Don't get your fit advise here. There have been some recent threads recommending different online fit calculators. Start there and at very least figure out which body measurements you need to take. Pant inseams don't really provide the information you need. You can also call Randall Scott Cycles and talk to them. All that said, a 59 - 61 would be a good guess for someone you size. Bikes are measure different so it is hard to say.

    As far as the bike goes there have not been many reviews of any of the Tomasso bikes but there is no reason to think they would not be very good quality. That level bike would be more than adequate for the riding you describe.

    Good luck and please let us know how the purchase goes.

    Still nervous of ordering online being a newbie roadie. Heck, if it were a MTB, I'd know what to do. Not sure if a 105 equiped bike from a LBS for same price is the way to go compared to a seemingly well Ultegra equiped Tommaso from RScycle. If things go wrong with an oline order - support cannot be the same. Is, perhaps, less components, worth local service???

  4. #4
    Scary Teddy Bear
    Reputation: physasst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    14,799
    Quote Originally Posted by Zig
    Still nervous of ordering online being a newbie roadie. Heck, if it were a MTB, I'd know what to do. Not sure if a 105 equiped bike from a LBS for same price is the way to go compared to a seemingly well Ultegra equiped Tommaso from RScycle. If things go wrong with an oline order - support cannot be the same. Is, perhaps, less components, worth local service???
    If you are not sure, Yes IMHO, 105 are decent components, some high end racers may not like them but they work fine......especially for what you are planning on doing. IMHO, they are as good as Ultegra. I know someone will disagree with me, but thats my .02 cents.
    "I never meant to say that the Conservatives are generally stupid. I meant to say that stupid people are generally Conservative. I believe that is so obviously and universally admitted a principle that I hardly think any gentleman will deny it." John Stuart Mill, 1866

    SIC VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM
    http://physasst.blogspot.com/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

INTERBIKE

EUROBIKE

Hot Deals

Interbike Featured Booths

Check out the hottest road bike products from these brands!




















See All Interbike Coverage - Click Here »


Latest RoadBike Articles


Latest Videos

RoadbikeReview on Facebook