Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Trek CrossRip vs Trek Madone 3.1 vs Domane 4.0

12K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  ncruz408 
#1 ·
Need help on which bike is better!
I will use it for commuting, light races with friends, maybe a road trip, etc.

So basically it will be used for leisure and fitness and not professionally. Comfort>Speed

#4 ·
the crossrip is HEAVY. on every one we've built the brakes pretty much feel like crap...they work, but the levers feel very mushy and that's w/ the pads set up close enough to rub the rotor. if you don't need to put a rack on the bike and want something comfortable get the Domane.

#6 ·
Domane's have some rack compatibility, not sure about fenders. I would go with the Domane myself for what you described as your intended purposes over the other options you posted, but I am biased as I own a 5.2 Domane. As was mentioned, there are many other brands to look at too.

#9 ·
Just reviving da thread. So what did you end up getting? I have the CrossRip elite and I must say it is a fun bike! A jack of all trades. Yes, it is heavy at 24.5 pounds according to bathroom scale for a 56cm but it is very comfortable. A great commuter I must say. For racing, yes I would look elsewhere. For comfort, commute, and plain fun, this is the bike!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.