Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Trek Domane 4.5

8K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Vitamin G 
#1 ·
I just tested the 4.0 but wanted to upgrade to ultegra since the Tiagra wasn't shifting very smoothly. My LBS said he could get one for $2100.00 plus tax. If the bike fits how does this price sound?

#3 ·
The upgrades from the 4.0 to the 4.5 are more than the shifters. Tiagra to Ultegra shifters and derailleurs, no-name to 105 brakes, nicer crank, and the new tubeless ready Race wheelset.

The 4.5 has a great spec for the price and if your dealer is ready to part with one for $2100, grab it.

#9 ·
I'm curious what you ultimately decided? I'm in a similar situation. The only Roubaix that I liked was the SL4, and that's out of my price range. I also thought the Domane (I also tried the 4.0) to be more forgiving than the Synapse (the one that's carbon with 105). I thought that the Domane was generally smaller than both the others. Curious to hear your experiences...

#6 ·
Yeah I'm torn since I haven't tried cannondale or specialized yet. I could do a refundable deposit for a couple of weeks.

Heres a side question. I really wanted to get a triple crank but the response at a couple of LBS was forget it. But I have a bad knee and plan on biking hilly areas. So, is it even possible to get a carbon frame with a triple?

#8 ·
Definitely no on the triple. Agree with Vitamin G.

I pulled the trigger on a Domane 4.5, and am a big fan. I tried out the Roubaix and a few other more endurance bikes, but kept coming back to the Domane. The IsoSpeed on the Domane is really a game-changer IMO.

I got the 4.5 because I wanted pretty much everything Ultegra (and I liked the color much better too). Yet, I thought I got a deal earlier this year at $2,600.

#10 ·
Have you consider the Cervelo R3? Alot of people who have test ridden it wind up buying it.

#13 ·
Picked up my new 4.5 today! Got it on close-out since the Ultegra 6700 it came with is being replaced by the Ultegra 6800. The only close second was the Roubaix SL4 expert, but would have been another $1k more. With the exception of going with a shorter stem, pretty perfect fit. Added 105 pedals. Thanks for all the information in this thread. Next purchase is that Duo-Sensor thingy...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.