RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2013

Veloce vs 105 dilemma

Hi all I am in the process of buying my first carbon road bike the 2012 pinarello fp due but I have a slight dilemma. I have the choice of either veloce or 105 however I have a shimano rs80 wheelset and i am not sure about the most wildcat wheels, personally I like the look of veloce better but just not sure about the wheelset. Also if anyone has had past experiences with the fp due i would love to hear their stories.
    Thanks

cs1
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Campy makes some very affordable wheelsets. The Khamsin is inexpensive, durable but a little heavy. If you want to spend more money then Zonda is a very good choice. They wouldn't be out of place on a Centaur or Athena group. Good luck on the new bike.
    1995 Waterford 1200
    1999 Waterford RSE-11
    Plus a host of old bikes too many to list.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2013
    Thanks, yeah i'm leaning more towards the campag and I might look at a wheel upgrade from the wildcats in the future however I enjoy the rs80's but would probably prefer the campag over the shimano.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrethegreat View Post
    Hi all I am in the process of buying my first carbon road bike the 2012 pinarello fp due but I have a slight dilemma. I have the choice of either veloce or 105 however I have a shimano rs80 wheelset and i am not sure about the most wildcat wheels, personally I like the look of veloce better but just not sure about the wheelset. Also if anyone has had past experiences with the fp due i would love to hear their stories.
    Thanks
    I think MOST wheels are rebadged Campagnolos.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Clean View Post
    I think MOST wheels are rebadged Campagnolos.
    Thanks that's is very handy to know. Has anybody had previous experience with the most wildcat wheels and if so what are your thoughts and also how do they compare to magic aksiums and the Shimano rs80.
    Thanks

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2013
    Hi all I spoke with a different shop today and was offered an unbelievable deal on a Pinarello SDG with 105 and my rs80's. It is going to look something like this

Thanks for the suggestions I will post further pictures later after I have been for a few rides. Happy riding
    Last edited by Andrethegreat; 05-26-2013 at 09:22 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2013
    About the Pinarello SDG Frameset: Mid to high level frameset with all the features you have come to expect from the best frame producers in the world. The SDG "Speed Defies Gravity" is a limited edition "Australian only issue" model. This model ranks high on the Pinarello frame list which ranks above the FP Quattro. The SDG enters the range as a great example of how a well designed, premium performance frameset can balance the mix of straight line race performance, and still provide a comfort level which exceeds much of the competition.