Thread: veloforma

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2004

veloforma

do they buy frames from hong fu type companies that i could buy from myself and just put their name on it or do they test/ design and monitor quality control like a cannondale or cervelo? if you know about their bikes what are your impressions?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by by666 View Post
    do they buy frames from hong fu type companies that i could buy from myself and just put their name on it or do they test/ design and monitor quality control like a cannondale or cervelo? if you know about their bikes what are your impressions?
    Looking at their FB page the bikes do not look like custom tube to tube build frames at all. Could easily be generic catalogue frames. But hard to say. If they do build them, they do a good job at hiding it on both their website and FB. Which would be kind of silly.

I call BS on the custom builder stuff. But people seem to be riding the bikes and seem happy.

EDIT: I am BS. It's legit.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Last edited by aske; 02-28-2018 at 03:12 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by by666 View Post
    We don't buy frames from hongfu... I've been in the business for more than 15 years. I own veloforma & we used to do two things design open mold frames to sell to others (usually smaller brands in the U.K. Asia & Europe). Plus we made frames for our selves. We also worked with companies like Trigon to develop frames and have our own lay up schedule. In regards to custom we, meaning me make a handful of custom frames a year... that's it. Any other questions let me know... anyone can call BS on anything but if you don't know much about my company you should have an opinion on how my bikes are made with further research...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by aske View Post
    Looking at their FB page the bikes do not look like custom tube to tube build frames at all. Could easily be generic catalogue frames. But hard to say. If they do build them, they do a damn good job at hiding it on both their website and FB. Which would be kind of silly.
    The closest you get to a workshop photo is a frame photo taken with a background that looks like vinyl with carbon fiber print ;)
    I call BS on the custom builder stuff. But people seem to be riding the bikes and seem happy.

You should probably check IG & you might see a little more... I've been doing small batch custom composites for a long time, frames, wheels anything carbon really not just bikes....

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by veloforma View Post
    You should probably check IG & you might see a little more... I've been doing small batch custom composites for a long time, frames, wheels anything carbon really not just bikes....

Cool. I would recommend being more public with the workshop stuff. People like me and the OP might get in doubt about the custom builder aspect. Anyways, the frames doesn't seem to be t2t construction, do you own custom moulds or how are you making them? Looks good.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    We don't buy frames from hongfu... I've been in the business for more than 15 years. I own veloforma & we used to do two things design open mold frames to sell to others (usually smaller brands in the U.K. Asia & Europe). Plus we made frames for our selves. We also worked with companies like Trigon to develop frames and have our own lay up schedule. In regards to custom we, meaning me make a handful of custom frames a year... that's it. Any other questions let me know... anyone can call BS on anything but if you don't know much about my company you should have an opinion on how my bikes are made with further research...

especially on RBR where everyone is a carbon expert

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2016

I stand corrected. Would love to see more process content from you.
    Last edited by aske; 02-28-2018 at 08:38 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by aske View Post
    I stand corrected. Would love to see more process content from you.
    There's are reason I don't post more up... I choose to only built a handful of custom carbon frames a year. Reason is I like to keep my sanity.
    I also sold my Asian manufacturing side of the business 4 years ago to my business parts for open mold manufacturing. That being said I did it to stay small and joy life.
    Veloforma as a brand has never been big the most frame I've ever produced in a year was just over 800 98% was Asian frame & 2% custom.
    I now do about 100 frames a year mostly for teams & clubs in the USA & Europe and when I have time I do a few custom frames. I like to keep it simple & it's worked well for me

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2016
    There's are reason I don't post more up... I choose to only built a handful of custom carbon frames a year. Reason is I like to keep my sanity.
    I also sold my Asian manufacturing side of the business 4 years ago to my business parts for open mold manufacturing. That being said I did it to stay small and joy life.
    Veloforma as a brand has never been big the most frame I've ever produced in a year was just over 800 98% was Asian frame & 2% custom.
    I now do about 100 frames a year mostly for teams & clubs in the USA & Europe and when I have time I do a few custom frames. I like to keep it simple & it's worked well for me

Awesome. All the best.