Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

viner ?

7K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  atpjunkie 
#1 ·
Hey folks. Happy Monday! I hope y'all enjoyed fathers day.
I found Viner, seemingly Italian made, nice steel/carbon frames, reminiscent of the Pinerello Opera of a few years ago.
Anyone have any knowledge of them or have actually owned a Viner? I'd like to look into it a bit more

#5 ·
jhamlin38 said:
Hey folks. Happy Monday! I hope y'all enjoyed fathers day.
I found Viner, seemingly Italian made, nice steel/carbon frames, reminiscent of the Pinerello Opera of a few years ago.
Anyone have any knowledge of them or have actually owned a Viner? I'd like to look into it a bit more
I wanted one in 1985. It was orange and hanging on the wall at the LBS. Too much kid money for me at the time.

Per Sheldon Brown's glossary (regarding older used examples):
"A somewhat less pricey Italian frame that was an excellent rider. There were some really nice examples in the late 70's and early 80's. An N.R. equipped example in guideline condition should be worth around $700."

#6 ·
I've got a 2000 Viner Evolution that I bought as 'new-old stock' on ebay back in december. i stumbled across it and liked how it looked. i figured it would make a nice christmas present for myself and picked it up for just over $200. I finished it's build in february and it's a total blast to ride! mine is all aluminum with straight seatstays and is a harsh ride on some of my 50 mile routes, but it climbs wonderfully and is quite nimble. i've got a picture in my gallery for anyone curious. i've been quite happy with it so far and am constantly tempted to pick up another to keep it company some day.

have fun,
aaron

#7 ·
Viner: fantastic frameset and great value

i have the Viner Pro Team EOM 16.5 steel.

IMHO, the EOM is among the lightest steel frames out there. i remembered once build up the bike complete with D/Ace and Cosmic Carbone SL, weighing approx 17.2lbs..which is light by any standard for steel frames with aero wheels.
the current setup has been changed to 105 components as a training bike

not particularly sure on the new Viner carbon framesets though:confused:

one thing is for sure..Viner makes high quality framesets and if you check the welding and finishing..you'll be amazed.
great value:D

#8 ·
I also own a Viner EOM 16.5 that I bought for $600.00 from GVH. The value and ride are awesome. Though I would'nt buy the new 16.5 deda (sidus) at $1500.00, I would say that Tom at GVH has some great bikes by Viner that I think you can't go wrong.The Geometry is traditional and fairly steep and really does offer real preformance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.