Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Volagi?

Mehpic

Volagi?

anyone else tried one? interesting concept. sort of like a "fast tourer" in feel.

http://www.volagi.com/bikes
    catzilla: I wish we were all a little more invincible.

The NEGU Foundation: Caring for Courageous Kids http://www.thenegufoundation.org/

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2006

Smile Looks Good

I've only seen them in person but no rides yet. They are lining up dealers and going around giving demo rides. I think they are supposed to start shipping this month.

AM999's Liberal Facist
    From o'er in General:

The Will to Go...
    Man. You are all stuped.
    ~RUFUSPHOTO

Mehpic
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    From o'er in General:

The Will to Go...
    ah thanks. got to ride one not too long ago, but more of a parking lot demo. would've loved to take it out on a longer ride.
    catzilla: I wish we were all a little more invincible.

The NEGU Foundation: Caring for Courageous Kids http://www.thenegufoundation.org/

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    I got a chance to take one out for a 25 mile test ride- The bike was so much more comfortable over the bumps than many other carbon frames that I have ridden; very smooth, very responsive and tenacious when really jamming out of the saddle. Can only imagine how much better I would feel after 100+ miles when compared to the other carbon bikes I'm riding.
    I'm gonna get one!

Master of flip comments
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Roller View Post
    I got a chance to take one out for a 25 mile test ride- The bike was so much more comfortable over the bumps than many other carbon frames that I have ridden; very smooth, very responsive and tenacious when really jamming out of the saddle. Can only imagine how much better I would feel after 100+ miles when compared to the other carbon bikes I'm riding.
    I'm gonna get one!
    Call me cynical, but how is it that this is your first and only post, and you're telling us how great this bike is and that you're going to buy one? How did you come across this topic? Just perusing the comment boards and found this?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Rode one today, very cool bike that has a great mix of everything. Very stiff drivetrain but comfy over the bumps. I prefer a more race oriented geometry, but the bike definitely goes when you want it to. The brakes had fantastic feel. One option we discussed was building up a frameset with some Zipps since the bikes are drilled to support normal road brakes. Or you can put a disc brake hub on the zipps and pop them on the bike which would allow you to get the best of all worlds.

I also love the look of the seat tube / chainstay area. I think it is a fantastic design that really works and looks good doing it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2006
    They have a demo day here in Santa Cruz tomorrow. Hope to get a chance to test ride.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2006

Wink Volagi Demo

I got my demo ride yesterday. I was on the mid range Ultegra bike. I have a Specialized Roubaix so I wanted to see if the Volagi was smoother and I like the idea of disk brakes. As far as smoothness they are very close with a slight edge to Volagi (and I mean very slight). The only other disk brakes I have used are hydralic and the cable pull Volagi brakes took more effort but seem to stop faster than a rim brake.The Volagi is plenty stiff at the bottom bracket and is reasonably light. Would I run out and sell my Roubaix? No. Would I consider a Volagi if I wanted a plush type bike? Yes.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    OK Cheif Wiggums, you're cynical! So just because this is my first post, you assume I have no validity?? Likewise, someone with hundreds or thousands of posts should be believed absolutely?? Let's just say (for arguments sake) that my name is Lance Armstrong, and I happen to be new to this forums list and this is my first post, so what then? You would still be wrong to believe Lance's opinion based on who he is (argumentum ad hominem & ad verecundium), while his opionion would carry more weight than others, it is simply his opinion- and what works for him, might not work for you.
    So, an opinion is just that - an opinion. That's all a forums page is-opinion, take it or leave it.
    I do believe that this bike is very nice, and I AM going to buy one.
    FULL DISCLOSURE: I do not work for, nor am sponsored by Volagi (But I wish I was!)

Re-Cyclist
    Good answer, Roller! Welcome to the forum......
    Santa Barbara, CA -- My Photo Site -- My Business Site

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    Thanks bro! Beautiful riding up there in SB, but stay off T
    he Pass, it looks like a death wish, eh??

RoadBikeReview Member
    i would replicate the paint of Volagi Liscio Rivalon on rfm101..should look nice
    every 3 seconds, a child dies of hunger. how much did you spend on your bike?

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2011

Yeah Maybe

Too many bikes and not enough time. But, yeah maybe. This is the most versatile carbon road bike that I have seen. There are couple of shops in S.F. that carry them and I haven't done a test ride in years, but this one has perked my interest.
    Kane

RoadBikeReview Member
    My boss test rode one because he was interested in carrying them. He didn't become a dealer because of handling issues from front end lateral flex - the front wheel didn't track predictably. They were nice otherwise.
    Get a better saddle: www.kontactbike.com

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2008
    I like the idea behind these bikes. They seem like a high end carbon version of a Kona Honky Inc.

PS: Good to see that Specialized lost the lawsuit against them.

Lurker
    Mar 2009
    I'd order one today if they had a shorter headtube version.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mjdwyer23 View Post
    I'd order one today if they had a shorter headtube version.
    A -17 degree stem can't get your bars low enough with the appropriate size frame?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2009
    I've been a big fan of the brand since they launched and have been following their development. The only thing preventing me from purchasing one is the geometry. I would have a TON of seatpost showing. Since they are endurance focused, I doubt they will be building something with a more level top tube, but here's hoping!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 2cflyr View Post
    anyone else tried one? interesting concept. sort of like a "fast tourer" in feel.

Volagi Bikes | Volagi
    Where are the frames made? $2000 for a frame sounds like a steep price.

Iohannes fac totum
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by andresmuro View Post
    Where are the frames made? $2000 for a frame sounds like a steep price.

Probably Taiwan or China. The pricing seems to be on par with other high end carbon frames. It makes the completes look more attractive pricing wise.

Nice bikes. The biggest drawback for me would be rear spacing is 130mm. I could live with the tall headtube.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2008
    Another nod to Taiwan or China production. They are the most efficient and prolific carbon bike frame makers now. The $2400 Ritte Bosberg frames are made in China, as are other fancy town bikes.

I like the taller head tube, helps on long distance rides.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2006

Red face

I demoed the Volagi but bought a Kona Honky. It was mainly a money issue. The Kona was only $1000 vs at least $3000 for a Volagi. If Volagi had a buy direct business model at a lower price I would have gone for it. The Kona is very smooth but weighs a ton!

WTF = Wide Tire Fits
    Jan 2012
    Volagi
    The patent- pending LongBow Flex™ stay is a radical departure from the norm. We separated the stay from the seat tube and lengthened it to maximize the carbon fibre’s inherent ability to absorb road vibrations.

I wonder why they try to patent this. It's look like GT MTB seat-stay.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2010
    It is interesting that nobody here has idea about the volagi - specialized sue a few months ago, that thing went all over the internet and nobody mentions it.

Volagi is a well known company now thanks to specialized. The bike in the picture got a good review in velonews magazine i believe, cant remember which one was.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast