Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2006

Angry

UPDATE (4-8-14) heard a clicking sound while riding last weekend. Stopped to inspect everything and found this. Put maybe 1000 miles on it before this happened. Crack in the seat tube.

Name:  img0951.JPG
Views: 999
Size:  28.6 KB
    Last edited by ac/bc; 04-08-2014 at 04:26 AM.

Spokane, Washington
    From their website, it appears that the minimum order is 5 pieces.
    Trying to cram the rest of my life into the rest of my life!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2006
    Last edited by ac/bc; 10-31-2013 at 06:18 PM.

DrX
    Evil Alien Conqueror
    I've more or less decided to go the Chinese titanium route for my next bike, and have emailed XACD, Titan Products, and Waltly to compare prices, options, etc. Waltly will definitely do single bike orders. I just got a quote from them - same specs as Moots Vamoots for $600 plus $100 shipping, no upcharge for rack and fender mounts.

That puts them about $200 - $300 lower than Titan and XACD.

The only real difference I can see between Waltly and Moots is that Waltley would use straight tubes rather than butted, but at best butted ti tubes are going to result in a marginal weight saving, so not a big deal. Definitely not a > $1000 big deal.

However, I'd really like to hear from someone who's bought from Waltly.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2002

Thumbs up

I am enjoying my XACD-made Carver road bike. Welds are competitive with the best I've seen on any bike. Carver was pretty damn reponsive providing customer services too. I thought about going direct as I even had a near perfect CAD drawing from a previous custom frame, but could not pull the trigger to go direct. If you want a blasted finish you get what comes from China. Anything more interesting is done here by Carver. Make sure you are clear in any case what anybody means by the term "brushed." My Carver got the Carver brushing which looks great, but I was expecting something slightly less prone to finger printing. I still love the look of Carver's brush finish and ...how XACD welded flat dropouts to chainstays is a work of art. Photos soon.

Only the downtube on my frame was butted. Davis said I might have saved another 200 grams by paying for butted seat and top tube. At that rate, butting costs about a $1 per gram. Maybe next time.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2006
    Last edited by ac/bc; 10-31-2013 at 06:17 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2013

Waltly Titanium, anyone own one?

Quote Originally Posted by ac/bc View Post
    For you guys who ordered a Waltly, how long did it take to get your frame once you placed the order?
    Just ordered from Waltly. 35 days is the delivery quote, but I'm ok with longer because wont be around to receive it in 35 anyway (taking a trip) . Dealing with Jenny there. Requires constant attention and reminder about details, but she's real easy to deal with.

DrX
    Evil Alien Conqueror
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterjvh View Post
    Just ordered from Waltly. 35 days is the delivery quote, but I'm ok with longer because wont be around to receive it in 35 anyway (taking a trip) . Dealing with Jenny there. Requires constant attention and reminder about details, but she's real easy to deal with.
    PLEASE update us when your frame comes in. Was it a custom road bike frame? How was the price compared to XACD or Titan Products? Good luck, and hope to hear positive news!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2013

Quote Originally Posted by DrX View Post
    PLEASE update us when your frame comes in. Was it a custom road bike frame? How was the price compared to XACD or Titan Products? Good luck, and hope to hear positive news!
    Will do. Expect that to be later in August,
    It's a cyclocross mix. Slightly longer chainstays, rack/fender braze-ons and couple other goodies.
    I think it was cheaper than XACD but I never really got to the point of nailing down a price with XACD because they were way to aggressive and sales oriented (vs service) for me.
    Waltly might be a bit more of a risk, in terms of quality (??) but it is one I was willing to take.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2012
    Did you receive the frame from Waltly? If so let us know the details.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2013

Was sent via EMS on Tuesday. EMS tracking has been updated since 09:14 on the 27th. Exercising my patience for the time being.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2012
    At least it's on the way to you. Hopefully it won't be to long now.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I ordered a frame from Waltly back in July, received the photos last week and waiting to get final shipping confirmation - it's a 29er for 3" tyres with ISP. I've previously ordered a number of custom frames from XACD, but they keep racking up on the custom options to take a basic frame price from $600 to $1400 and no room for negotiation. Waltly offered to do the same for $800 including shipping and Paypal fee so was worth a punt. There's been one small glitch due to misreading of drawing - I picked up on the photos and they're rectifying for free. So far, pleased with the service, but proof will be when I get the frame.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2013
    Hi All,
    As promised here are some shots of the frame and fork as they arrived a couple days ago. I broke a toe so have been a little slow getting this out.
    Waltly delivered on time and on spec as promised and my initial observations are that the quality is good, if you don't look too close. As you can see from the pictures, some of the welds are very good, some a little shoddy. I'm not a bike builder (please don't tell me you can tell!) but know I'm going to have fun trying on this frame. I'm sure I can tell you more about any shortcomings as the build progresses.
    Would love to hear your reactions.
    Peter
    Waltly Titanium, anyone own one?-box.jpgWaltly Titanium, anyone own one?-box3.jpgWaltly Titanium, anyone own one?-head-tube.jpgWaltly Titanium, anyone own one?-head-tube2.jpgWaltly Titanium, anyone own one?-seat-tube.jpgWaltly Titanium, anyone own one?-seat-tube2.jpgWaltly Titanium, anyone own one?-rear-hanger.jpgWaltly Titanium, anyone own one?-welds.jpgWaltly Titanium, anyone own one?-welds2.jpgWaltly Titanium, anyone own one?-welds3.jpg

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2013
    Peter - any news on if you like your Walty ride? Any concerns?
    Thanks!

Special guest
    It looks like they do very nice work! Congrats, and good luck with your build!

That 29er frame also looks really nice!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2011
    Hi i have tow frames form Waltly. A road and a 29er. i have been riding the road bike for 8 months and i is grate. The 29er i only been riding two times so it is to early to say if it is good. The frames looks good and the welds looks fine and even.

The service for Waltly has been good. There was a mistake in the drawings where they have put the bottle mount where the frontmek clamp shut bee. So i send it back and got it fixt. They payed for the shipping and i only took 4 days from they got the frame til i got i back. So no complains there.

Waltly Titanium, anyone own one?-dandillion1.jpg

pmf
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by andersfolke View Post
    Hi i have tow frames form Waltly. A road and a 29er. i have been riding the road bike for 8 months and i is grate. The 29er i only been riding two times so it is to early to say if it is good. The frames looks good and the welds looks fine and even.

The service for Waltly has been good. There was a mistake in the drawings where they have put the bottle mount where the frontmek clamp shut bee. So i send it back and got it fixt. They payed for the shipping and i only took 4 days from they got the frame til i got i back. So no complains there.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dandillion1.jpg 
Views:	361 
Size:	176.7 KB 
ID:	288355
    I hope your Mandarin is better than your English.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by pmf View Post
    I hope your Mandarin is better than your English.
    I am afraid it isn't. Mostly because i am Danish. And i hope that your behavior is better in the real world than on the net. And why do you think that your comment i relevant to the subject in the thread?

pmf
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by andersfolke View Post
    I am afraid it isn't. Mostly because i am Danish. And i hope that your behavior is better in the real world than on the net. And why do you think that your comment i relevant to the subject in the thread?
    Whenever someone chimes into a thread about how great their Chinese bike is, in broken English, I get a little suspicious. Especially on post #4. You sound like a shill. And that's relevent to this thread. As far as my "behavior", it is what it is. Sorry you don't like it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2011
    Whenever someone chimes into a thread about how great their Chinese bike is, in broken English, I get a little suspicious. Especially on post #4. You sound like a shill. And that's relevent to this thread. As far as my "behavior", it is what it is. Sorry you don't like it.
    Well, at least you try to talk you way out off a stupid xenophobic post. But it would suit you to stand up for what you have said or apologize. It annoying that every time some one posts, that non US or non brand name frames is any good it end up in semi xenophobia in stead of relevant information. But her is some thing more you may find relevant too value my experience whit Waltly.

Waltly Titanium, anyone own one?-dandillion3.jpg

I am actually black. Buy the way it is the same bike as in the picture taken on the way up to "Suspiro del Moro" in Spain

pmf
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    No, I clearly explained what I wrote. And your response is to call me a racist. You can be purple for all I care. Talk your way out of that one.

WTF do you mean when you write sentences like this: "But her is some thing more you may find relevant too value my experience whit Waltly" If you want to post on English speaking forums, learn to express yourself in English.

I'll apologize for accusing you of being a shill, if you apologize for calling me a stupid racist first.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2011
    No, I clearly explained what I wrote. And your response is to call me a racist. You can be purple for all I care. Talk your way out of that one.

WTF do you mean when you write sentences like this: "But her is some thing more you may find relevant too value my experience whit Waltly" If you want to post on English speaking forums, learn to express yourself in English.

I'll apologize for accusing you of being a shill, if you apologize for calling me a stupid racist first.
    Hi

The fact that you use more time writhing about my english than what i know about bikes. Only convince me that you are, at least, xenophobic. There are actually brilliant people how don't have english as there mother thong. What clearly for some, can be hard to believe.

Buy the way. From you very accurate answer to my post, it think that i stands out very clear. That you perfectly understood what i was writing.

Well, any ways, lets stop terrorizing this thread.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2013

Last sentence was the smartest thing said in the last several posts.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2012
    Hey andersfolke, I just wanted to say thanks for chiming in on the thread with your wxperiences with the Waltly frames. It's good to hear from another owner. I can understand your English just fine.

Edit: Thanks for the negative rep, OP. That seemed warranted. If you think or know this guy works for Waltly, why not just say so?
    Last edited by DanBell78; 11-04-2013 at 05:30 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast