RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2012

What seatpost is on pro Adam Hansen's bike (pic link provided)

A pro? With a forward seatpost?? For his regular race day riding??? Plus the seat itself is slammed all the way forward???? What is going on here? He used to use a PRO Tharsis T800 carbon forward post, but this thing in the latest pic even looks more forward than the Tharsis.

I've seen a lot of seatpost/seat positions over the decades on pro's bikes over here, but I can honestly tell you I've never seen one like this on Adam Hansen's commemorative bike from Ridley. Anybody know with some assurity what the post is?? To have a negative setback/offset (like a time-trial position)----did he turn around one of the newer posts that have those round clamping heads----or is it a custom seatpost or is that actually "Profile Design Fast Forward AL Seatpost" in the linked-picture? Also, doesn't the setup sure look like it violates UCI rules about the minimum amount of distance one has to be behind the bottom bracket (to prevent time-trial positions)? The 6th pic even makes it look like this rule is violated even more. It figures whomever did this reporting piece for cyclingnews.com totally missed doing this most interesting part of Hansen's commemorative bike

Ridley commemorates Adam Hansen's 20th Grand Tour with custom frame | Cyclingnews.com
    Last edited by BelgianHammer; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:35 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2012
    a PRO Vibe with 20 setback turned around? Thats what he normally uses with black tape over the logos
    All the gear and no idea

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by mik_git View Post
    a PRO Vibe with 20 setback turned around? Thats what he normally uses with black tape over the logos
    mik_git,

Think you nailed it! Thanks. But I wonder how he 'blackened' the seatpost clamp out, since from what I see of pics on the web, it is near bright silver chrome-like colour. Oh well...still the most forward I've ever seen a pro...and still think he flirts with that UCI "certain length designated behind the BB" rule.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2012
    I guess maybe since its a special painted bike, they painted the post?
    All the gear and no idea