Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2017

What's my bike worth?

Hey all, I have a Bianchi Reparto Corse Veloce and I am wondering what I could potentially sell it for. I believe it's early 2000s but not sure how to figure that out either.
    What's my bike worth?-img_3078.jpgWhat's my bike worth?-img_3077.jpg
    Last edited by Mr.knownothing; 4 Weeks Ago at 06:24 AM.

Off the back
    Guess I'll play. My guess is craigslist for $300, but take as low as $200.
    Looks a little hodgepodge with the mismatched tires and saddle. Somebody could buy as a winter beater or bike to store at their vacation home. Low tier Campy, I think. Presumably everything works. Doesn't seem like you're a cyclist, else you'd place your front skewer lever correctly and take level pics of the bike. Good luck.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by fast ferd View Post
    Guess I'll play. My guess is craigslist for $300, but take as low as $200.
    Looks a little hodgepodge with the mismatched tires and saddle. Somebody could buy as a winter beater or bike to store at their vacation home. Low tier Campy, I think. Presumably everything works. Doesn't seem like you're a cyclist, else you'd place your front skewer lever correctly and take level pics of the bike. Good luck.
    I have the original saddle, but you're right I only ride recreationally, and looking to get more serious, so any info helps.

RoadBikeReview Member
    It appears to be a Campy bike. If you would care to go over the components and supply some decent pictures of them I'd be happy to help. Condition is everything, hence the need for good photos.
    We just don’t realize the most significant moments of our lives when they’re happening
    Back then I thought “well there'll be other days”
    I didn’t realize that was the only day
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9yrupye7B0

There's sometimes a buggy.
    How many drivers does a buggy have?
    One.
    So let's just say I'm drivin' this buggy...
    and if you fix your attitude you can ride along with me.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GekiIMh4ZkM

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerjulio View Post
    It appears to be a Campy bike. If you would care to go over the components and supply some decent pictures of them I'd be happy to help. Condition is everything, hence the need for good photos.
    Hey so I don't know much about the component names but I can provide images. I appreciate any info you've got.
    What's my bike worth?-img_3080.jpgWhat's my bike worth?-img_3081.jpgWhat's my bike worth?-img_3082.jpgWhat's my bike worth?-img_3084.jpgWhat's my bike worth?-img_3089.jpgWhat's my bike worth?-img_3085.jpgWhat's my bike worth?-img_3086.jpgWhat's my bike worth?-img_3087.jpg

RoadBikeReview Member
    Good job on the pictures. Except you missed the shifters. Good news is that everything looks to be in good condition.

I would have to do a bit of research as my memory isn't 100%. No time right now.

Mostly Veloce which was a lower tier Campy group. The hubs are the older style look to be late 1990's, whereas I'd have to look up to see when 10-speed Veloce came out. But around 2000. The FD is Daytona which also dates things to early 2000's, but together with the hubs indicates to me that this may have started as a 9-speed bike that got updated to 10.
    We just don’t realize the most significant moments of our lives when they’re happening

One.

Troll-ish....
    That's actually a really nice bike. Around here (where we have a LOT of Italians), the Bianchi name probably adds $100 to the value. I'd pay maybe $400...
    "L'enfer, c'est les autres"

hfc
    Doesn't like subtitles
    In the Campy hierarchy, Veloce roughly equates to Shimano 105, maybe Tiagra. Looks like nice condition and Bianchi Celeste are positive features. I'd ask $450 for a local sale, think about taking $400 if it sits a while. You could probably sell it for $500 on eBay but they take 10%.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2017
    What's my bike worth?-img_3090.jpg

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2017
    Hey, thank you all for the responses!

RoadBikeReview Member
    I looked up a bit more.

What you have there is basically a complete 1999 9-speed Veloce group in pretty good looking condition. Shifters, hubs, brakes, rear derailleur, crankset. For some reason the front derailleur was swapped. Actually a rare group in that condition.

In reality, the differences between the groups in terms of parts and quality was minimal.

If you had the time, you'd get more money by parting it all out, but it's a lot of work. The hubs are rare in that they are the old solid axle with a current style freehub. I believe were produced for one year only. There used to be a lot of interest from people upgrading from 8-speed, but that may have passed.

Going back 5 years or so there was a lot of value in alloy shifters as Campy had gone to more black. I remember selling a set of Chorus alloy shifters in the $400 range. Yours will be identical mechanically.

If you wanted to pursue this aspect then a study of completed eBay sales may help.

I'm not as negative on price as some others here. There are Bianchi and Campy fans out there who would love that bike.

You need to study other good bike ads and learn to do better pictures of the bike, frame and components if you really want to sell.

edit. corrected to say 9-speed
    Last edited by bikerjulio; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:48 PM.

One.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2004
    What is the tube set? The steel tag is a little negative. It's in good condition 500 would be a reach but the right person would probably pay it, but I'd say more like 3-400 would be easily attainable.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2014
    Fwiw, the rear mech clearly says 9 speed. Are you saying 10sp shifters will make this work for 10?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2014
    More concerning to me is the frame itself. Don't recall this Chromo Lite frame. I had a SL Lite with similar graphics but that was aluminum. I would have to guess that this is not a Columbus frame. Also thought it was odd that with the carbon for it has an older headset and quill stem.

'brifter' is a lame word.
    I will say that 'Reparto Corse' and that bike don't belong in the same sentence. RP has been non existent for quite a long time, from before that frame was built for sure.
    I work for some bike racers
    I've got some bikes, some guns,
    and a bunch of skateboards

RoadBikeReview Member
    What's your bike worth to someone that is emotionally invested in the Bianchi name? About 200$ more than every day Joe Bloggs who just wants a bike to ride. If you plan on getting more than $300 you'll need to be patient IMO. Nice bike but it's nearly 20 years old.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by GKSki View Post
    Fwiw, the rear mech clearly says 9 speed. Are you saying 10sp shifters will make this work for 10?
    It's been a while. But I'm thinking that was the beauty of Campy. Change the jockey wheels, the ratchet in the shifter and your good to go.

a real member's member
    about $400 in a craigalist big market in the spring/summer with a good looking black saddle and matching black tires with no issues.

take outdoor pics of the drive side in the shade on a sunny day.

marketing is everything.

if fully overhauled with new consumables, you might get $600 in said market.

i get $400 for mid-level japanese bikes.
    Yossarian: don't worry. nothing's going to happen to you that won't happen to the rest of us.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GKSki View Post
    my mistake. 1999 was all late 9-speed. Hub and RD are 10 compatible though

There was a bike sold in 1999 called a "Bianchi Veloce" which looks the same. OP can just do a google search.
    Last edited by bikerjulio; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:46 PM.

One.

gazing from the shadows
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerjulio View Post
    If you had the time, you'd get more money by parting it all out, but it's a lot of work.
    Someone in NYC is asking $700 for the frame only, in orange.

Retail on the bike was ~$1600. Used bikes with current tech, assume 50% off retail as a rule of thumb. Previous tech drops it another 50%, roughly estimated. So $400 sounds about right, in general. I think the estimates here are spot on. $300 as a bike, maybe $500 being a a Bianchi in celeste. Some people love the color.

To the OP: You can get serious on this bike. It it good for training and getting started racing. You can put some clip on bars on for time trials if you want to do that.

You can make sure you will be serious using this bike, then drop the coin on a new one after you confirm you will be sticking with it. This bike won't be worth less in the next couple of years, and if you gain some knowledge and are able to part it out, it might bring more money. Consider it as an option.
    Stout beers under trees, please.

pmf
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    If it were me, I'd keep the bike. If the OP wants to get a more modern bike to 'get serious' go ahead and do it. It's always good to have a second bike (at least). You might find that it rides nicer than the latest plastic gee whiz Cervelo that you buy for serious riding. There seems to be a growing number of riders who are buying steel and titanium bikes. Maybe it's the aging of the cyclist population. The last two bikes I've built up were steel.

Bianchi isn't making steel bikes anymore. It's an iconic brand. At least they're still painting their carbon bikes celeste green. If you do sell it, ask at least $600. There's someone who would want that bike. That someone should be you.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by pmf View Post

Bianchi isn't making steel bikes anymore.
    Yes they are.

pmf
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Strongbow View Post
    Yes they are.
    I stand corrected. Cool. Vintage | Bianchi USA

I hope they're still made in Italy.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by pmf View Post

I hope they're still made in Italy.
    The more expensive one is. With Columbus tubes.

Troll-ish....
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfrancois View Post

i get $400 for mid-level japanese bikes.
    I would bet that, maybe aside from Manhattan, there is NOWHERE else that a mid-level Japanese bike from 20+ years ago will sell for that kind of money. Around here, maybe $150, even $200 fully restored.

And, as for that guy asking for $700 just for the frame....he ain't gonna get it. Probably will eventually sell it for $200, or just keep it when he finds it's not THAT special. EBay is filled with clueless ignorami........
    "L'enfer, c'est les autres"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast