Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

BMC Cross Machine - 2011?

10K views 17 replies 5 participants last post by  rockstarracing 
#1 ·
Does anyone know if BMC is discontinuing their cross bikes? I don't see it in their 2011 website or catalog...

#4 ·
The 2 cross frame offered have been available for quite sometime, with no demand for them (the same counts for the BMC track frame) - so based on sales, demand they were not included in the 2011 product line -
Now that the models are out - at lot of request, demand has arised......
BMC believe that that their products are just as competitive as the other manufacturers.

#7 ·
Anyone know the weight of the CX02 as compared to the CX01?

I'm still drooling over one but have the opportunity to pick up a 2011 Focus Mares AX 1.0 for about $300 more. The Focus is equipped with Ultegra and DT Swiss 1900r wheels while the CX02 has 105 and Shimano RS10 wheels. The Focus clearly has the better components and wheels.

#16 ·
I have a BMC CX01, i used it twice, the paint cracked, the UK importers refused to warranty it as its only "cosmetic" and not structural!........i rode it again, it cracked 4 more times, to the point where i think it is structural, yet they are refusing to warranty it! im now stuck with an unuseable cross frame! i also have a BMC SLX01 with a twisted seattube, but im not even going to bother to try and get this warrantied with the UK importers, im hoping someone from BMC reads this, as a company that is supposed to pride itself in its products, would not want this, and can deal with me direct........

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.