Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2017
    I also wanted to ask about how folks are adjusting their saddle tilt. This two bolt seatpost design is killing me.

Whenever I have the right tilt and tighten it to spec, it changes the tilt again.

So what I've done is tighten both bolts equally to 7nm and if I need to adjust tilt either direction, I loosen the opposite and tighten the other. It's so overly complicated.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by N8236 View Post
    I also wanted to ask about how folks are adjusting their saddle tilt. This two bolt seatpost design is killing me.

Whenever I have the right tilt and tighten it to spec, it changes the tilt again.

So what I've done is tighten both bolts equally to 7nm and if I need to adjust tilt either direction, I loosen the opposite and tighten the other. It's so overly complicated.
    I've used two bolt seatposts before I had my BMC's. I don't love them, but you eventually get used to the annoyance of getting and keeping the tilt correct while you tighten it.

I use a bubble level app on my phone sitting on the seat while I tighten the blots, alternating front to back until it gets to torque spec.

Honestly, I don't think I've had to change mine since I originally set it up, but that's mostly because I have my fit dialed in to pretty tight tolerances.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by xterrastrial View Post
    Thx, Rasto. I'm not using any spacers in my setup. BMC just answered a listed of specific questions of which parts in the cockpit assembly need grease, paste or loctite. I wasn't using loctite on the 3 bolts, just grease. Will try with Loctite. If it's not that, I noticed that my LBS cut the steerer tube at an angle, i.e. cut more off at the front end of the steerer than the rear. BMC agreed to investigate that if following the other steps don't solve it.

Crossing my fingers that the 'steps' kill the creak!
    Ok, it seems you're using the same setup as me - only the cable guide without 3 spacers. As you can see in the picture below there are two pins (green arrows). I applied a small amount of copper grease on both of them.
    BMC Roadmachine!-rm01-cable_guide.png

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasto View Post
    Ok, it seems you're using the same setup as me - only the cable guide without 3 spacers. As you can see in the picture below there are two pins (green arrows). I applied a small amount of copper grease on both of them.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RM01-cable_guide.PNG 
Views:	36 
Size:	166.3 KB 
ID:	320950
    Thx. Will try if current approach doesn't work.

Btw, how is copper grease different from normal grease? I use Pedro's Syn Grease usually because that's what I have at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2017

Roadmachine what size I need?

Hi guys,

I have been following you for about a month and I will need your help / advice. To start, I must tell you that I've been cycling for 8 months, and I have a gravel (Norco Search A 105 Hydro 2017) to whom I changed the tires (4 Season 28mm), because I do only road. I must also tell you I have knees problems, meniscal lesions, to the right knee grade II and to the left knee grade I plus problems with the patellar ligament to both knees. Now I am thinking to changing the bike with a road bike. After a month of research and reviews on the internet I fell in love with the BMC Roadmachine 02 two. I was between BMC and Cervelo (C3 or R3).
    My question, since there is no size guide on their site, what size how do I need, seeing my knees problems, since there are two steps for Stack and Reach?
    I have 1.85, I am riding 88cm and the length of the arms is 81cm.

Thank you in advance!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2014
    It's really hard to size someone without seeing them on the bike. There are just too many factors that go into it.

Do you not have a local dealer with bikes in stock you can try for size?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Migen21 View Post
    It's really hard to size someone without seeing them on the bike. There are just too many factors that go into it.

Do you not have a local dealer with bikes in stock you can try for size?

Hey, and thank you for your replay. I thought giving all the size, height, inseam, and arms length, my knees issues and I can add I'm not so flexible, can help you to give me an answer. Like you can see, I'm a newbie, and I don't look towards for a very racing position, more at an comfortable position.
    And about the dealer, I already was, and he gave me doubts, because first he said I need a 56 and after he changed idee and said you need a 58.
    It's true a bigger size give you a position more comfortable than a small one?

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011