Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 101112
Results 276 to 283 of 283
  1. #276
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3
    I am retrofitting di2 on my roadmachine 02. Does anyone have any information on where to put the junction box b? Any other outing pics?

  2. #277
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3
    I am in the process of upgrading my mechanical RM02 to Di2. Does nayone have pictures of where the junction B is placed and the wire placement around the BB?

    Thanks.

  3. #278
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    2,544
    Quote Originally Posted by Rashadabd View Post
    To each his own, but in my experience, a bad fit is the easiest way to inadvertently injure yourself and/or undermine the enjoyment that a new bike can bring. A good fit is simply where it's at and like 9W9W I can't think of one good reason not to get one if you are about to spend a bunch of money on a new bike. People should do what they want with their money though.
    He already had a bike that fit him. He was just looking for some geometry data correlation between his current bike and one he had never seen.

  4. #279
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirvelo View Post
    Did you get any clarity to your question on the junction box? I am in a similar position: Just ordered RM-01 frameset to do my own build and am wondering if I can place the Shimano bar-end junction box in the frame in the hatch for the mechanical cables (like the SLR-01). As far as I cans see, the cover seems similar on the SLR-01 and the RM-01.
    I just tried placing the junction box into an '17 RM02 frameset. It will not work (at least without modification. I suspect that the junction cover for the SLR-01 is different (slightly) from the roadmachine cover.
    Last edited by Das Recht; 1 Week Ago at 07:22 PM.

  5. #280
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Das Recht View Post
    I am in the process of upgrading my mechanical RM02 to Di2. Does nayone have pictures of where the junction B is placed and the wire placement around the BB?

    Thanks.

    Hi,

    I dunno if that with help ya, seeing I have a 01 frame, but mine(junction box) is put under the steam like you can see in the picture below. And the wires pass through the frame. But if you take a look at the 02 One seems the wires pass through the frame too. I asked the seller why the Junction Box can't be mounted directly in the oblique tube, and he told me just BMC have the Junction Box which can be mounted there and it's not for sale. Anyway, I wrote to BMC to see what they will say about it.
    BMC Roadmachine!-junction-box.jpg

  6. #281
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    5,907
    Quote Originally Posted by Migen21 View Post
    He already had a bike that fit him. He was just looking for some geometry data correlation between his current bike and one he had never seen.
    My answer is the same. Get fit. Each bike is different. Why guess and eyeball it? What's the upside?
    Every climb has its end, for verily with difficulty there is relief...

  7. #282
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Rashadabd View Post
    My answer is the same. Get fit. Each bike is different. Why guess and eyeball it? What's the upside?
    Gosh! You really do not understand anything? I will FIT. I didn't come here to ask for get fit on this bike. Just what size FIT ME! And with more than 10 years of experience, you guys MUST KNOW TO ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION. Even if each bike is different. Once you have the sizes of an old bike, you MUST BE ABLE to comparate with another bike sizes and geometry and answer to my question. It's simple like that, stop with this bull**** saying you must fit. I knew that before to come here and ask what I asked. If you can't answer me, better don't replay instead to keep saying go get a fit.

  8. #283
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    5,907
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash View Post
    Gosh! You really do not understand anything? I will FIT. I didn't come here to ask for get fit on this bike. Just what size FIT ME! And with more than 10 years of experience, you guys MUST KNOW TO ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION. Even if each bike is different. Once you have the sizes of an old bike, you MUST BE ABLE to comparate with another bike sizes and geometry and answer to my question. It's simple like that, stop with this bull**** saying you must fit. I knew that before to come here and ask what I asked. If you can't answer me, better don't replay instead to keep saying go get a fit.
    First, take a deep breath and take it down 3000%. If you knew all of that (that you fit and which size, etc.), then you really didn't need to post the question anyway. If you are posting the question, you don't know do you. Taking the size off of one bike and speculating on a different brand from that fit is guessing. It's an educated guess, but a guess nonetheless. My feeling is fit is probably something you want to get right, but I might be wrong about that so do as you please. I'm not changing my advice though....
    Every climb has its end, for verily with difficulty there is relief...

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 101112

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •