Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2013
    Hi Paul,

This is very nice bike indeed

We are running basically the same set-up. So I am a bit puzzled about the weight difference ... because I can only see 40-50g diff in pedals, 100g in tires, and about 75g in saddle. In contrast your wheels are 20g heavier and I run 50/34 chainrings and shorter stem, and the team black frames should be the lightest of all because it uses the least amount of paint. So all in all your bike should be about 250g lighter than mine. So I wonder where is that extra 500g hidden Maybe I should have my scales checked...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2016
    Hey Ritchey. Not sure if my LBS weighed it right either. Another thing to consider is the headset area. I have the shorter headset cone, no spacers and cut the steerer. That shouldn't be 500g I don't think, but it's something.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2016
    Hansy - I think they work really well. Can't see the hoses when on the bike, just when you bend down and look under. I'll try to take some pics in the next day or so. Cheers.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2016
    I forgot to mention, the cassette is the 1170, not 1190 version, so ~60-70g heavier than the full RED cassette. Doesn't help solve the mystery though. :-)

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2013
    Hmm, makes it even worse, because I run 1190 cassette

RoadBikeReview Member
    I currently have an RM01 Udi2 on order with a bike shop! Do you guys know if the seatpost can accommodate 7x9mm ovalized rails? I'm looking at my saddle choices and I'm considering trying a Berk Lupina.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Hun View Post
    I currently have an RM01 Udi2 on order with a bike shop! Do you guys know if the seatpost can accommodate 7x9mm ovalized rails? I'm looking at my saddle choices and I'm considering trying a Berk Lupina.
    My s-works romin evo saddle has the 7 x 9 carbon rails and works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xterrastrial View Post
    My s-works romin evo saddle has the 7 x 9 carbon rails and works great.

Thank you! Very helpful.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2017
    So,

yesterday, the bike was finished and now I would like to share some first pictures with you:

Frame-Size 54cm

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by garaventa View Post
    So,

yesterday, the bike was finished and now I would like to share some first pictures with you:

Frame-Size 54cm

She's a beut!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    I saw one in person for the first time when returning to my car after a ride Saturday. It was the white, red, and blue version. They are very nice looking bikes IMO.
    Every climb has its end, for verily with difficulty there is relief...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by xterrastrial View Post
    Hansy - I think they work really well. Can't see the hoses when on the bike, just when you bend down and look under. I'll try to take some pics in the next day or so. Cheers.
    Hansy- here are a few pics. Sorry for the delay.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2017
    Thanks xte, great, now my Mechanic has no excuses

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2016
    Anyone with an RM01 (with the integrated stem) have handlebar creaking issues? I've torqued it to 5Nm (the spec on the stem and on my Enve road bars). I've used carbon paste. The LBS's first try only fixed it for 3 rides and then it returned.

Not sure if it matters, but I first noticed it after I installed the base part of the integrated Garmin mount. Before I had the blank cap in the stem face plate hole and didn't have creaking.

Going back into the LBS this week to try to solve it, but would appreciate any advice or experience with this.

Thx!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2014
    I have the RM01 proprietary stem with Enve bars and have not had any creaks. At least not at the Stem/Bars. I use Finish Line Fiber Grip.

I did have a serious creak start up earlier in the summer that turned out to be the rear thru-axle bolt creaking against the frame. A thin layer of grease resolved that.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Migen21 View Post
    I have the RM01 proprietary stem with Enve bars and have not had any creaks. At least not at the Stem/Bars. I use Finish Line Fiber Grip.

I did have a serious creak start up earlier in the summer that turned out to be the rear thru-axle bolt creaking against the frame. A thin layer of grease resolved that.
    Thx for that. Gives me confidence/hope.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2017
    Great to find a thread with so much detail on the BMC RM - been looking for ages. Thought i'd share my ride and mods - I've got the RM01 mechanical Ultegra, White/Blue/Red in 58 frame size -it came in weighing a hefty 8.52kg. I'm now at 7.9kg on the nose, including pedals, 2 x bottle holders and GPS mount -it feels like a whole different beast and I LOVE it.

Wheels: Hunt30 Carbon Aero (1338g) + Schwalbe Pro 1s, tubeless
    Saddle: Pro Falcon Carbon (163g)
    Pedals: Xpedo Thrust 8 Ti (170g pair)
    Bars: 3T Ergonova Stealth (198g)
    Groupset: Stock Ultegra, but with Stages G2 left arm power meter
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BMC Roadmachine!-20170811_102901.jpg   BMC Roadmachine!-20170811_102919.jpg   BMC Roadmachine!-20170811_102936.jpg   BMC Roadmachine!-20170811_103101.jpg  
    Last edited by Surreyhills; 1 Week Ago at 02:36 AM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2017
    Did everyone else's BMC RM come with a bright yellow Carbon warning sticker on the top tube? I've tried trying to peel it off, but it just cracks tiny sections off at a time. I'm paranoid about using acetone in case it damages the frame /paint. Any advice or experience welcome... Cheers

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2014
    Mine peeled right off - it was a few months ago, so I don't recall exactly how I cleaned it up, but it was uneventful.

You might try lightly heating up the sticker to soften the adhesive.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2017
    I own the RM01 Di2 Ultegra and have 2 questions:
    1.) does anybody know the brand/manufacturer of the bar-tape? I Need to replace my orange tape ....
    2.) does anybody have durability Trouble with the stock "3T discus Team stealth wheels"? My rearwheel suffered a broken spoke after 2200km and 3 month of use, am at 82kg weight. Now I am waiting for a warranty replacement for 7!!! weeks now. Seems 3T is not the most customer friendly brand... shutdown their facility in August for summer Holiday.
    Thanks !!!

Forever a Student
    Hate to say it but the bar tape is almost certainly from 3T as well. BMC has been using 3T tape as OEM for ages now. Maybe for all of the time. Good luck getting anything out of that company.

Lots of nice orange bar tapes out there on the market.
    use a torque wrench

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2015
    It could also be fi'zi:k tape. BMC frame modules ship with their saddles and 3T Ergonova bars. If it's either, it's an OEM-only product as the pattern doesn't match any of the retail options.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2017
    If it is 3T bar tape,I will not buy in any way... ;-).... There is no Feedback from them in 8 weeks. So the wheelset is the most expensive Piece of high-tech-crap I ever saw... honestly any product can be subject to a failure, but the Thing is how you deal with this.... I got a replacement rearwheel from my LBS, which keeps me riding my RM01... anyway - 8 weeks for the warranty replacement of one broken spoke is far too Long.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567