Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

BMC SLX01 - seat post problem

5K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  9W9W 
#1 ·
I have chance to buy BMC frame model SLX01, but i have one big problem - this seller which have this frame don`t have seat post to this frame. It`s not normal seat post. It`s rly rare model 73.5mm and I try to search this model in all places. I ask my local dealer about this seat post and he told me that model is out of stock in manufacturer. It`s rly big problem because this seat post be in some english shops like evanscycles but I predict that is the same situation which in my country. Still out of stock. Anybody can help me ? I search on all websites like ebay, aliexpress or something and i can`t find even some staff to replacemant that seat post. Sorry for my bad english but i think that you can understand my intentions. Help me if you can please, because i rly want to buy this frame.

#2 ·
I honestly wouldn't even consider the frame unless you can find TWO seatposts to buy. I have a late 2012 SLR01, and I had a seatpost crack after one year of use. I've always used a torque wrench too, so that wasn't an issue. It was under warranty, so had it replaced right away (I also worked for the dealer at the time). Since then, I was also able to pick up another replacement on ebay for only $50, just in case it ever happens again. I love the frame (I set a 300-mile Wisconsin state record on the bike in 2012), but I would think again before ever buying another frame with a proprietary seatpost.

#3 ·
my lesson has been that sometimes you want an alu post instead of the carbon especially if you have a lot of post showing. I too shy away from custom post frames, because maybe, just maybe I'll need a stiffer alternative. With custom shapes, I'm screwed, with 27.2 round I go Ritchey.

This of course does nothing to help the OP. Sie ma Wojtek. Did you try calling BMC in Poland yourself? Maybe the dealer isn't trying hard enough?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.