RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2009

BMC Team deal on CC

Hi, Wondering what the BMC crowd thinks of the Team deal on Competitive Cyclist, 2009 Team with 2009 Force for $2300. Any opinions appreciated. Not racing, but love the bike; deal seems good too. Thanks for the input in advance.

http://www.competitivecyclist.com/za...RODUCT.ID=6949
    Last edited by ArmyStrong86; 02-06-2010 at 06:14 PM.

the fist
    sick. bad @ss deal
    FlexiSexual

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2008
    We are seeing some similar deals in Oz on the 2009 Racemaster (the Team Machine stopped coming to Oz some years ago) - I believe it is excess Swiss stock being cleared to make way for new models - especially with the new SLR01 Team Machine due out next month

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2009
    Thanks guys, I am really liking that deal. It might be the one.

dbh
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2008
    I'm really tempted to pull the trigger on the Team deal. Would like to hear from someone who's gotten one of these from CC, with 09 Force.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2010

Crank Length on Team SLT01 deal at CC

Just wanted to give you a heads up on the deal at CC. I ordered one last weekend and am very excited to get it out on the road as soon as possible.

I did run into one speed-bump with CC, and you should be heads up before you order. It's a package deal, so they don't have all sizes in all components. Though it doesn't state it anywhere on their site, the only '09 Force cranks that they have for the package are 172.5. It will also come with a size 42 handlebar and 130 mm stem, regardless of the frame size.

If you need something different, best to call them first. The first indication that you will get of the sizes is buried in the order confirmation email. I called when I finally saw it, and they said that the handlebars were an easy switch, but that they did not have any excess '09 Force cranks in 175. I was pretty pissed -- obviously I should have called first and confirmed it all, but I had assumed that the parts would be sized appropriately if not otherwise stated.

The matter must have been elevated to a higher manager, though, because when I just checked my order status, it appears that they have substituted a 175 Force crank for the 172.5 crank. I don't know where they found it, or what they had to do to get it.

Clearly a little miscommunication problem, but they are demonstrating that they are a quality shop and are doing the right thing.

the fist
    Quote Originally Posted by biff242
    Just wanted to give you a heads up on the deal at CC. I ordered one last weekend and am very excited to get it out on the road as soon as possible.

I did run into one speed-bump with CC, and you should be heads up before you order. It's a package deal, so they don't have all sizes in all components. Though it doesn't state it anywhere on their site, the only '09 Force cranks that they have for the package are 172.5. It will also come with a size 42 handlebar and 130 mm stem, regardless of the frame size.

If you need something different, best to call them first. The first indication that you will get of the sizes is buried in the order confirmation email. I called when I finally saw it, and they said that the handlebars were an easy switch, but that they did not have any excess '09 Force cranks in 175. I was pretty pissed -- obviously I should have called first and confirmed it all, but I had assumed that the parts would be sized appropriately if not otherwise stated.

The matter must have been elevated to a higher manager, though, because when I just checked my order status, it appears that they have substituted a 175 Force crank for the 172.5 crank. I don't know where they found it, or what they had to do to get it.

Clearly a little miscommunication problem, but they are demonstrating that they are a quality shop and are doing the right thing.
    That is a little squirrelly to be sure.

I hope you do get the 175 cranks.

For my part, I would call to make a bike purchase (not that I would fault you for completing it online).
    My BMC frame came from CC a couple days ago. The packaging was exceptional.

I am curious. Did you go with the regular CC shipping or their "ready to ride" delivery program?
    FlexiSexual

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2010
    I went with regular shipping. I'm looking forward to assembling it myself. Not that it looks like there will be much to it -- from the video on their site it's little more than handlebars to stem, wheels on and pedals on.

the fist
    I went with regular shipping. I'm looking forward to assembling it myself. Not that it looks like there will be much to it -- from the video on their site it's little more than handlebars to stem, wheels on and pedals on.
    Yep. Should be pretty easy. I was just curious to see some pics, if someone tried out the high end shipp.

Make sure you post some pictures of your new ride!!
    FlexiSexual

Shut Up And Ride!

Thumbs up

I just spoke with Eric at CC and ordered one of these bad boys! They were able to set it up with my choice of handlebar width and stem length, and hopefully the 11-28 cassette I wanted. If not 11-28, then I'll get 11-23. Either of these cassettes will fill out my collection depending on where I'm riding/racing. All that's left to do now is wait for that big brown truck to arrive! Maybe next Friday or Monday the 22nd. It's going to be a loooong week!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2010
    I picked one up a couple weeks ago. We'll post pics soon....

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2010
    To BIFF242:

are you cool with the longer crank length? not to beat a dead horse but just curious if your body has made the adjustment to a longer crank arms? did you change your saddle position to accommodate for the change?

thanks for the input. i really appreciate it. the change from a 172 road crank to the 165 i use on the track was ridiculously dramatic so i'm just thinking about the best way to take care of those differences.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2010
    I'm 6'2" and ride 180mm cranks on my SS mountain bike. When I first put them on it was like I had finally climbed aboard a bike that fit for the first time. I'm a little tempted to try out the 180mm's on the road bike too, though it's a very different pedal stroke and cadence.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2010
    maybe the road terrain and ride style in your area would help you make a decision. what is the lay of the land in your neck of the woods?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2009
    I ordered one of these from CC and it was a simple matter to get it unpacked and set up, maybe 10 minutes, tops. Everything seemed tight and in tune right out of the box. Today was my first ride on the SLT01, and it's pretty impressive.