Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

BMC Team Frameset

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Peith 
#1 ·
How is the build quality and ride quality of this frameset? How does it stack up against something like a Colnago C50?

#2 ·
Troy16 said:
How is the build quality and ride quality of this frameset? How does it stack up against something like a Colnago C50?
If your looking @ the SLT01 team machine, it is awesome ride. I just ordered one this past week. I took it out for a 20 mile test ride, and its a rocket. Super stiff .. and comfortable.

I have not ridden the Colnago..but I have a buddy that has one .. and he said it was super stiff .. so much that it was not comfortable.

Both are awesome frames... a little different technology in the build..SLT has Aluminum lugs @ BB, Headtube and Seat tube (each forged from its own block of Alum.) Which makes this thing rock solid ..maybe a little stiffer than the C50.

If you have a local shop that has one ..I'd recommend test riding it.

#3 ·
You'd definitely want to test it.... frame sizing is a little weird. Also, keep in mind that even though youre buying a very nice and expensive frame, you're getting something made in Taiwann with a short warranty. You'll notice both details missing from the BMC website. I love the look of the BMC bikes--but they dont come with the service you'd expect from a high-end frame.

#4 ·
you can easily buy a complete bike for the price of either frameset that is 100% as good. I thought about a BMC for as long as it took me to see that the wholesale price on the frame was $2900 and a DA10 C-dale 613 complete bike was many hundreds less (<5 minutes).

The good news is that if you're dropping $6-7K on a bike, you'll undoubtedly love it to death regardless of make.

#5 ·
Isn't everything..

MarvinK said:
You'd definitely want to test it.... frame sizing is a little weird. Also, keep in mind that even though youre buying a very nice and expensive frame, you're getting something made in Taiwann with a short warranty. You'll notice both details missing from the BMC website. I love the look of the BMC bikes--but they dont come with the service you'd expect from a high-end frame.

made in Taiwann these days, yet designed somewhere else? I mean come on, that tags getting a little old. I bet you couldn't tell the difference between a bike made in Taiwann and one in Italy, USA or Spain as far as that goes.

#7 ·
elviento said:
The very same argument could be used on most bikes above $1000 (what's the real difference between Dura Ace and Ultegra anyway?).
Besides the finish?

Dura Ace is half a pound lighter
Dura Ace has 3 bearings in the shifter, Ultegra has 2 (smoother feel)
Technically, Dura Ace is more durable (sorta kinda not so much though)

Same thing as Record/Chorus

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.