RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2006

BMC's Road Racer Verses TEAM SLT01

I've been riding for a few years, and just now am getting into racing.

But my bike is ancient, an 80's specialized sirrus (back when it was a real road frame).

I've done a few races so far. Needless to say, I get a lot of looks on race day. Funny though when I take some top 10 finishes.

But I'm in the market for a new frame. I can get some deals on either a BMC SL01 Road Racer or a BMC SLT01 Team. The team is sweet, but the road racer is more affordable. It might be a few months more before I'd be able to afford components for the Team.

All said and done, the team would be $3000, build up with ultegra, and $1900 for the Road Racer build up with ultegra.

Do you folks have any recommendations of what I should get? I haven't many reviews of the road racer? Many of the team, and from all accounts it is hot and fast.

Thanks in advance!

EuroCrash
    They'll be equally fit for your purpose but if money is an issue, as it appears, go with the racer. Never race anything you can't afford to replace, especially if you don't have a back-up bike.

11,134 posts WTF
    I must say that the cannondale caad8 is a great deal and one of the best criterium bikes around. You can get one with full d/a and ksyrium ssl's for $2500. Still Not cheap but is still a really great deal.
    "I believe that sex is a beautiful thing between two people. Between five, it's fantastic." - Woody Allen