Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lurker
    Mar 2009

Thinking about the Team Machine SLT01 CC Deal...

Hi Folks-
    I've been eyeing up the Competitive Cyclist BMC Team Machine SLT01 with Force deal for a month or so, and I'm finally getting ready to make a decision. I'd like to hear from those of you who have this bike or have gone through with this deal. I've found a few threads from the search, and most seem to have a positive experience assuming they got the right size. I currently ride an S-Works Tarmac SL2 and am looking for something a little more cost effective to race in crits this year, and this deal jumped out at me. Good components on what seems to be a solid frame (that will fit me nicely) for a good deal. Any input would be appreciate, thanks!

Lurker
    Mar 2009
    Alternatively the road racer with a powertap is looking like it might be the winner. I am loving the industrial look of the BMC line.

Shut Up And Ride!
    I did it for the same reason as you and couldn't be happier. I have a Lynskey that I don't want to trash in a crit or anywhere the chances of a crash are higher. I'm really pleased with the ride of the BMC, it's really stiff and surprisingly comfortable. It absolutely rips through turns; very solid, stable, and changes line easily.

My dealings with CC were great, I was able to make a few minor changes to the build to suit my basic fitting needs at no extra charge. They packed the bike well. I did have to make a few tweaks to the build, as I chose not to get their upgraded assembly. (I'm a 20 year veteran of the bike industry as a mechanic and other assorted jobs.) This deal was too good to pass up.

I'd recommend picking up another barrel adjuster for the rear derailleur cable to install in the downtube housing stop, or ask CC to install one for you.

Good luck! I think I'll get kitted up and hit the road this morning on my BMC before the weather changes.

fee
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2008
    I just picked one up from CC as well and couldn't be happier. The fit calculator worked as a starting point and Eric helped me configure the bike the rest of the way no charge. I would definitely call them before finalizing the deal. A little mishap occurred during shipping and the rear derailleur and hanger got a little bent and beat up. Called them and they sent out a new derailleur and hanger asap. So far they have been great to deal with and if I need something else I would not hesitate to give them a ring. Oh, and BTW, great, GREAT bike

David

off the back
    My SLT01 was delievered last week.

I'm with Monkleybullit. Have CC install the barrel adjuster. Mind was delivered without (downtube and derailleur).

And it needed adjusting when it arrive. They prompltly sent cables and adjusters.

Overall, Jason at CC was a top notch guy to deal with, dealing with my numerous emails and calls.

Weather is calling for sun and 60 the next few days..cant wait to get it out on the road

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2009
    It's a good bike and CC was good to work with.

I've only had it for a month, but I have zero complaints so far. Like a good prostitute, the SLT-01 secretly laughs at my abilities but it gives me its best every time we go out, and it boosts my self esteem at the same time. Can't ask for better than that.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mjdwyer23
    Alternatively the road racer with a powertap is looking like it might be the winner. I am loving the industrial look of the BMC line.
    IMO the Team Machine is a no brainer over the Road Racer (assuming near same price) - the TM is an elite level carbon tube frameset that no so long ago was used in the Tdf and is still the classic BMC frame - so much so that it was the centre of the recently released Hublot’s All Black BMC project ($19.5KUS/bike) even though the Pro Machine frame had supposedly superseded it as the high-end frame in the range.
    http://www.bikeradar.com/news/articl...-machine-22278
    The Road Racer is a heavier, good, solid enthusiasts bike

Lurker
    Mar 2009
    Good stuff guys -- I figure that, with a wheel swap, the SLT will rival my SL2. Weight's not my concern, stiffness is. If I can get a top of the line frame with a decent groupset for $2300, that is a deal!

the fist
    Quote Originally Posted by goaliedb
    My SLT01 was delievered last week.

I'm with Monkleybullit. Have CC install the barrel adjuster. Mind was delivered without (downtube and derailleur).

And it needed adjusting when it arrive. They prompltly sent cables and adjusters.

Overall, Jason at CC was a top notch guy to deal with, dealing with my numerous emails and calls.

Weather is calling for sun and 60 the next few days..cant wait to get it out on the road

Should I install a barrel adjuster for my Road Racer Sl01?
    FlexiSexual

Lurker
    Mar 2009
    THIS close to ordering, just found a powertap, decisions decisions!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2010
    just got mine this weekend and I must say...pictures do not do this bike justice. It is more beautiful than I imagined in real life!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2010
    Looking for posts about the BMC's owners brought me here from BF,
    Just ordered mine as well. I wanted the compact crankset, Eric was able to help me on getting it instead of the standard 39/53. Now the hard part.. waiting for it to get here!!

RoadBikeReview Member
    I just ordered the Road Racer as my winter/rough weather bike.... can't wait...I too love the design of BMC.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2005
    Chris, if you don't mind me asking -- what was the upcharge for compact?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2010
    I haven't had a charge to my account yet. My online parts listing only has the stand crankset deleted and the compact added. They are listed as the same price. I will see if the prices changes when its shipped.

Lurker
    Mar 2009
    Well, I'm 70% leaning towards a pedal force RS2 build. My buddy has one, and I liked the ride as much as my SL2. I don't have an SLT01 around to test ride. Decisions!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2010
    Great.. well this is my first 'nice' road bike purchase. I'm riding a 2007 specialized s-works tricross w/road tires now. I've had a motobecane triple before.. but i have a feeling this is going to be a dramatic difference.

RoadBikeReview Member
    There was no charge to my compact crank, straight exchange

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2010
    Thats pretty much what I expected if it's a 2009 compact crank, and not a 2010. But I know there may be some parts they dont have in every size still available for this deal.

Lurker
    Mar 2009
    Whelp, I pulled the trigger on a pedal force build. Sorry for the suspense! Should be fun.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2010
    Awesome.. Im still waiting for mine to ship out.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2009
    I haven't felt a moment of buyer's remorse since getting the SLT last month. That's a pretty good sign it was the right decision. I feel sorry for my other bikes, though. They're all getting dusty.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2010
    Well, an update. I got mine 2 days ago, unboxed it and put it together. I rode it today, and it is fantastic. The SRAM Force shifting is definately strong and quick. I've read its due to the derailleur spring.

My previous bike had Ultegra 6600 shifters, and the shifting wasnt as forceful and quick as the SRAM.

The shifting was easy to get used to since Ultegra uses 2 paddles and SRAM has 1.

The Fulcrum wheelset is kinda heavy, but I had Mavic open pro w/ultegra hubs on the previous bike, so they are comparable in weight, both around 1850g I think.

This was a good deal. I like the fact your getting a top notch frame, and good quality components. Nothing about the bike is cheap or 2nd rate. I am very pleased. Just wanted to share..

My BMC is a size 51 in case anyone is wondering about sizing. I am 5' 9", came from a Specialized 54cm.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by chris32205
    My BMC is a size 51 in case anyone is wondering about sizing. I am 5' 9", came from a Specialized 54cm.
    Great looking bike. I'm thinking of getting the 51 too, but I would think at your height at 5' 9" you would've gone w/ a larger frame. I'm 5' 6" w/ short legs and a long torso. My main ride now (custom serotta) has a 51 seat tube, 54 top tube, and i use a 110 mm stem. So, the top tube length is identical to the BMC 51cm and the seat tube's not too far off.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2008
    Chris

Just wondering why the two Furlcrum wheels are different?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast