RoadBikeReview Member

Converting Neutron/Shimano to Campy?

Am I correct to assume all I need is the Campy compatible freehub body (shell) alone, without springs/pawls?

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2004

Hucken The Fard Up !
    Depends on the year of your Neutron.

if it is older Neutron ( I think produced from 1999-2006 but I am not so sure of the cuttoff year) you need the Oversized freehub body with round section.
    you can recognise them as they are more pale silvery and have a small hole on them.

if it is newer Neutron, the section is an ovalized triangle ( not yet patented by Apple ) and this new freehubs don't fit the earlier.
    you can recognise them as they are darker and silvery and don't have the hole ( and off course have the triangular section )

Quote Originally Posted by zank
    They're just bikes. Ride 'em in the rain, salt, snow and crap to fully appreciate them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Kelly
    The thing about the cold is that you can never tell how cold it is from looking out a kitchen window. You have to dress up, get out training and when you come back, you then know how cold it is.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Thanks for the info. Was worried for a second, but looks like I bought the correct late model freehub body from Velomine.