Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Help: Xenon vs Mirage

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  paulieb00 
#1 ·
Can anyone please help me out with the differences between these two groupsets? Also, are the levers in these groups as bad as some people have made out?
I'm looking for a low-end groupset for a frame ive got hanging around, and i really want to get it rolling while i save my coins :)

#2 ·
One thing I really like about Campy is the form and function of the components are almost identical from Record down to Veloce. Mirage and lower have cheap shifters. I also would want to have 10 speed components. My advice: If you can afford it, go with Veloce.

#3 ·
xenon/mirage

The front derailleur, the cassettes, the chain, the bottom brackets, the brakes, the cables, and the hubs are the same between the 2 groups.

i am running a xenon groupset that replaced a shimano sora/2200 groupset.
it weighs less and works just as well if not better. i have no problems with the brifters although i have not compared them to higher end campy stuff.
i would say go for it. if you are not happy with the brifters you can always upgrade to veloce or higher.

cheers,
paul

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.