RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2005

Quick link for NOS 6.2 mm Campagnolo 10 sp chain

I still have one of these left and had been using Wipperman quick links on the old ones but they're all gone- replaced or sold off on bikes. Anything out there that's likely to work?

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2007
    If your question is about the 10sp links, Wipperman/Connex/KMX (?) still make them for 11-10-9-8 etc. speed chains even though it may not be the most current technology. I have 11, 10 and 9 speed and have always been able to get chains and connector links. Your shop shouldn't have an issue ordering them.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2005
    Thanks for your post. Sorry, I didn't word my question clearly. Today's 10 speed chains are narrower than the first generation which is what I have. Now they are around 5.9 mm (e.g. Campagnolo- 5.9; KMC 5.88) so the "quick links" available these days are for those chain widths. I guess the question should have been will a link designed for a 5.88-5.9 chain work on a 6.2 mm chain.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canamdad View Post
    Thanks for your post. Sorry, I didn't word my question clearly. Today's 10 speed chains are narrower than the first generation which is what I have. Now they are around 5.9 mm (e.g. Campagnolo- 5.9; KMC 5.88) so the "quick links" available these days are for those chain widths. I guess the question should have been will a link designed for a 5.88-5.9 chain work on a 6.2 mm chain.
    I believe the answer to that question is - no.

I suggest you make an appeal for an old link here. People will have them lying around.
    There's sometimes a buggy.
    How many drivers does a buggy have?

One.

So let's just say I'm drivin' this buggy...
    and if you fix your attitude you can ride along with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GekiIMh4ZkM

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    Measure the width across the inner plates, at the pin hole. I might be able to help. You must use a micrometer or calipers for accuracy.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2005
    That's very kind of you! You know, I rummaged through my tool kit and 2 boxes of spares and was able to come up with some old Wippermann ones that should do the trick. Thanks for the offer to help me out- looks like I'm good to use that older 6.2 mm chain.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    As long as the link has a side clearance in the .004-.008 inch range, you should be OK. Too tight a fit can be a problem. I looked up some old info that I have. The original Campy 10 chain measures about .155 inch and the newer UN chain measures .145 across the inner plates.

cs1
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by C-40 View Post
    As long as the link has a side clearance in the .004-.008 inch range, you should be OK. Too tight a fit can be a problem. I looked up some old info that I have. The original Campy 10 chain measures about .155 inch and the newer UN chain measures .145 across the inner plates.
    Without a doubt the most knowledgable person here.
    1995 Waterford 1200
    1999 Waterford RSE-11
    Plus a host of old bikes too many to list.