RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2010

Quick links for Campag chains?

Hi there,

I am about to install both a new 10s Record/Chorus group on my old Pinarello (replacing 9s Mirage) and an 11s Super Record group on my Colnago.

I know that the 10s chains are quick link compatible, anyone have any suggestions which are good and which to avoid?

How about 11s? I've seen a few quick links advertised for 11s, but I'm curious if anyone has any experience? If I can avoid buying the expensive chain tool and being able to take my chain off periodically to clean, I would be interested in trying something based on experience from others...

Thanks!

Elmira > Taiwan > Elmira
    Nov 2005
    I have used a Wippermann Connex on 10sp and KMC Missing Link on 11sp. Both chains were Campagnolo-specific. Both have been quite satisfactory. I would have continued with Wippermann, but they don't do 11sp yet. Also, KMC has Open and Close tools. They sell for something like $12 to $15 apiece I think (been a while). I find it easier to use the tools as I have arthritic hands.
    2005 Ritchey BreakAway (steel)
    Full Campagnolo compact drivetrain - Chorus 11sp
    (50, 34 & 12-29)
    Proton wheels
    Cateye CC-TR300TW V3
    Ritchey fork, stem, headset, bars and seatpost
    Fizik Gobi saddle and bar tape
    BeBop Pedals

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2002
    I have used KMC links for the last few years without a single problem.

Devoid of all flim-flam
    My Wipperman tens have never given me a moment's problem.
    Mapie is a conventional looking former Hollywood bon viveur, now leading a quiet life in a house made of wood by an isolated beach. He has cultivated a taste for culture, and is a celebrated raconteur amongst his local associates, who are artists, actors, and other leftfield/eccentric types. I imagine he has a telescope, and an unusual sculpture outside his front door. He is also a beach comber. The Rydster.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2007
    No real answer to your question but I had a Campagnolo-specific KMC quick link on a genuine Campagnolo 10 speed chain come apart yesterday when I changed to the smaller chainwheel. After a bit of hunting, I found the bits and put it together and did another 30 miles with no problems. I've never had this happen before and certainly hope that it doesn't happen again (not the most pleasant experience in the world but at least it makes me feel justified in having carried a spare quick link for years).
    Last edited by cq20; 02-20-2013 at 06:15 AM.